Ireland vs The Rock, Kaiser Wilhelm (1 Viewer)

Robbie Keane,
Anyone else think Richard Sadlier comes across like a bit of a smug dick?

Daragh Maloney is fucking useless with his mid Atlantic drawl.

Aye, they're a bit fucking shite aren't they? Once Dunphy and Gilesy are gone, RTE may as well just drop the analysis altogether. Unless they are going to get Didi Hamaan on all the time, maybe with Brian Kerr and Brad Feidel or something. Daragh Mololney is shit too, who'd be the host of choice? Get George Hamilton to host for a laugh.

Pope John Paul II - 0 Bismarck. That's us fucked anyway, cause we're not gonna get 3 points against Der Fuhrer, meaning we pretty much have to beat Lech Walesa in auschwitz if we are going to have a chance to qualify.

P.S Sadler is definitely a fucking smug prick. Wanker.

Robbie Keane,

Aye, they're a bit fucking shite aren't they? Once Dunphy and Gilesy are gone, RTE may as well just drop the analysis altogether. Unless they are going to get Didi Hamaan on all the time, maybe with Brian Kerr and Brad Feidel or something. Daragh Mololney is shit too, who'd be the host of choice? Get George Hamilton to host for a laugh.

Pope John Paul II - 0 Bismarck. That's us fucked anyway, cause we're not gonna get 3 points against Der Fuhrer, meaning we pretty much have to beat Lech Walesa in auschwitz if we are going to have a chance to qualify.

P.S Sadler is definitely a fucking smug prick. Wanker.

Lol I thought I was the only one who thought that, he is an A1 wanker.

The more he is on TV, the worse he gets!

Sadlier seems to think he is superior to the other guests with his slimy smirk and know it all demeanor..I know Cunningham can be very animated and motor mouthed..actually he would drive ye mad but he is still eminently more likeable and real than that shaved headed twat.

Ah Kenny is alright, he just's not a great analyst, I think he keeps picking up on things that nobody gives a fuck about. Sadler is a pain in the hole and should be confined to 'Soccer Republic' or whatever they are going to call it next year.

Ronnie Whelan after the second goal

"I think these two goals show exactly what Robbie Keane is all about"

yeah, scoring goals against completely shit teams that can't defend properly
Ronnie can't pronounce his 'r's
Sadlier seems to think he is superior to the other guests with his slimy smirk and know it all demeanor..I know Cunningham can be very animated and motor mouthed..actually he would drive ye mad but he is still eminently more likeable and real than that shaved headed twat.

You don't like him either..fucking hell Thumped just keeps getting better! :p

Ah Kenny is alright, he just's not a great analyst, I think he keeps picking up on things that nobody gives a fuck about. Sadler is a pain in the hole and should be confined to 'Soccer Republic' or whatever they are going to call it next year.

Very true and it just goes nowhere while smug Sadlier is actually quite boring...a mediocre Dunphy wannabe. One thing I noticed about the punditry was Maloney's total lack of ability to move things on naturally. Bill O Herlihy was a master of that..... just saying something that popped into his head and asking the question. Maloney used to be a DJ on community radio before jumping ship to FM 104 and now RTE. I don't think he has any background in sport at all, never mind football.

Last edited:

Actually I don;t think we're fucked at all. I watched the game and Poland took their chances well, and they are probably better than us, but really not much. There'll be plenty of points dropped here and there. We need Scotland and Poland to draw with each other twice, a win or two ourselves and Georgia to get some draws against S&P at home (possible). I think Germany will win everything from here on, but it's a funny old game.

We'll have a hard time beating Poland, and they've got a 3 point advantage cause they actually managed to put one over on Johnny Kraut, so we are at a disadvantage.
Does anyone actually think we're going to get a point out of the game on Tuesday? The only fucking way we are getting a point from that game is if someone steps up and becomes the avatar of Paul McGrath + Richard Dunne for the night. Seriously like.
If we get a draw in that game, I'll stop calling Unknown Fan Unknown Fan and call him by his real name instead.

Why do we need an amalgam of our best defenders? Fuck that, let's just go for it. If we lose, we lose. Sure, we'd lose any way. We're red hot right now, and Unnamed Fan is in the form of his life, living the dream, hanging out with someone who knows Tom Cruise, scoring his 1,000,000th goal for Ireland. If anything, I'd say Germany are quaking in their boots, the pricks.

Darragh Moloney is TERRIBLE. He's just fucking awful. Why is that? It's not like he's essentially unlikable, he just doesn't have any charisma, does he? And Sadlier's dog's arse face grumbling has gotten real old. However, I'm at a loss as to why we need analyse a game against Gibraltar anyway.

Team for tomorrow? The sounds coming from MON are that Hoolahan won't start. That would be hugely disappointing. Long/Keane is 50/50. It has to be Long really. Please no Walters on the flank.

Forde
Meyler JOSH Wilson Ward
McGeady Gibson Whelan Quinn McClean
Long

Why do we need an amalgam of our best defenders? Fuck that, let's just go for it. If we lose, we lose. Sure, we'd lose any way. We're red hot right now, and Unnamed Fan is in the form of his life, living the dream, hanging out with someone who knows Tom Cruise, scoring his 1,000,000th goal for Ireland. If anything, I'd say Germany are quaking in their boots, the pricks.

Darragh Moloney is TERRIBLE. He's just fucking awful. Why is that? It's not like he's essentially unlikable, he just doesn't have any charisma, does he? And Sadlier's dog's arse face grumbling has gotten real old. However, I'm at a loss as to why we need analyse a game against Gibraltar anyway.

It just goes to show how good Bill O' Herlihy was. Darragh Maloney does not have a personality and Richard Sadlier is a complete knob.

It just goes to show how good Bill O' Herlihy was. Darragh Maloney does not have a personality and Richard Sadlier is a complete knob.

Oh ffs, this is too good to be true! Thumped is now my favorite website and it's contributors have excellent judgement.

They defended excellently tonight. The Icelanders are technically very good. They were able to hold onto the ball long enough to mount quite a few good counter attacks. They could have easily had a couple more.

Anyway it'd be good if we take a similar positive attitude into the game tomorrow night and have a go. The worst that can happen is we lose and most are expecting that. This German side is in transition with a few new faces coming in. Also with the Dortmund contingent out injured and the general world cup hangover they're at their lowest point for a few years. After the last qualifying campaign everyone in Germany is expecting us to setup very defensively and play for a draw. Nobody's giving us much of a chance. The attitude is that tomorrow night they'll get back on track by battering us. If we try to play some football and have a go we might surprise them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back