Ireland - Kazakhstan (1 Viewer)

Hunt played on the right for Ireland under Trap, as did Duff (albeit interchangeably), with McGeady on the left.
Why are calling Green a 'fuckwit' by the way? He may not be the most gifted of footballers (and let's note that you're talking about Keith Treacy as an option) but he's always answered the call when it comes and he's never done anything that deserves personal abuse. Same goes for McShane.

hunt has played on the left under trapp perhaps noty as often as the right wing but deffo made a fair few appearences there. also from the little bits of treacy ive seen i like, he seems to have pace and put in some good crosses in that freindly against argentina or brazil a few years back.

as for mcshane and green, personally i am not a fan of them, yes they dont cry off or throw their rattler out of the crib but they are awful. when you have the options of coleman, kelly, o'shea, foley (once trapp fucks off) then mcshance should not get in. ditto with green when mccarthy, whelan, gibson, hoolahan, clark, fahey & wilson can all play there.

i didnt see the game but thank fuck i didnt from reading all about it. Did trapp only make 2 subs by the way?

im glad brady is the squad for the oman game and that reading defender pearce (who i think said he played u14 for us) too, altjhough i dont know him at all. i hope that mclean gets a game as with coleman.

seems fuckin crazy that clark still aint called up tho.

There's nothing more to say, lads. It's over. I don't want this shower ruing the world cup for me like they ruined the euros. Fuck that. Trap has no fucking interest in this job beyond the lucre. If he did, he'd watch the players, talk to them, talk to their managers. But he doesn't, he turns up every six weeks and picks the same pricks every time because they'll do what he says which is "hoof the cunt" because he doesn't know the players. He looks at them and thinks -Boniek, Platini, Rossi...these lads are shit. He hasn't got in the interest or skills to get our limited bunch playing good football, he just thinks we're shit and as such should play shit football, and what's your fuckingproblem? We qualified for the euros and were a Henry handball away from maybe facing a peno shoot out to get to the world cup. It's a results business, right?

Trap doesn't give a fuck. Delaney is an arsehole. Shoot the fucking lot of them and bring mick mccarthy back. Jesus, that's how bad it is.

Here, Keane is 32 now, with the arse of a 65 year old. When is he gonna stop insisting on being called "Robbie"?

Andy Cole wouldn't have stood for being referred to by the diminutive.

Here, Keane is 32 now, with the arse of a 65 year old. When is he gonna stop insisting on being called "Robbie"?

Andy Cole wouldn't have stood for being referred to by the diminutive.

Josephingford Barton made a big fuss on twitter a couple of weeks ago "no one I respect calls me Joey," despite having the word in his handle.

Anyway, on the subject of twitter Trap seems to have "forgiven" McClean for his post match tweet on Friday. Perhaps one of the occasions where his inability to view anyone under the age of 28 as a grown up worked for the boy. Young kids are foolish and make mistakes etc.

Josephingford Barton made a big fuss on twitter a couple of weeks ago "no one I respect calls me Joey," despite having the word in his handle.

Anyway, on the subject of twitter Trap seems to have "forgiven" McClean for his post match tweet on Friday. Perhaps one of the occasions where his inability to view anyone under the age of 28 as a grown up worked for the boy. Young kids are foolish and make mistakes etc.
none suspects that Joseph respects nobody, so i see his problem.

Trap forgiving McLean just goes to show. He doesn't give a flying fuck.

no, i'm sticking with my new thing: the trap don't give a fuck.
2 million a year, he doesn't even go to watch a game over the weekend. Even Capello went to a couple or matches a week, and lived in the country where the majority of his players plied their trade. Trap is removed from everything.

Mr Grey does have a good point regardless of the half a million error,Trap works what is essentially a part time job and is more than handsomely compensated for it.Yes,all international management is part time but the man clearly doesn't give a flying fuck about it beyond showing up when he has to and collecting his wage.
Fuck him,bring in someone who can at least speak the language and cares about Irish football.

1.5 million a year, but let's not let facts stand in the way of a good story
i'll give you facts. When Traps Ireland play, the ball spends 67.34% more time in the air than in a normal* game of football.

*not containing team managed by senile crazy guy.

I'm starting a campaign to get an apology from the FAI, Trap, The players and Darron Gibson. Who's with me ?

If McClean has to apologise for telling it how it is we demand an apology for them shitting in our eyes.

i think there are a fair few valid points in there lads. its a disgrace that trapp doesnt go to many games, though i did hear he was going to a game with Villa in it a few weeks ago who may have played Stoke or Sunderland but christ he needs to cop the fuck on as do the fai. his inability to allow our players play football and in some cases even respect him shows he is a farce of a manager imo. the hoofing the ball worked partially under Jack as we had Quinn and the dodgey italian up front, now we only have Walters but rarely plays with a partner beside him.

im glad Meyler, McCarthy, McClean, Brady, Coleman and Wislon are in the Oman squad along with the Reading defender Pearce (aint seen him play but has to be a better option then mcshane!). I do hope Gibson, Foley and Clark get back in the fold too.

with Stephen Ward getting such a battering on here who would many of you like to see at left back? Greg Cunningham, Ciaran Clark, Marc Wilson, Damien Delaney or Ian Harte (btw is he starting for Reading in the Prem this season?) Lets leave O'Shea and Kelly as RB options shall we!

I'd take Ian Haaaart over Ward. That's how bad ward is. But realistically Greg Cunningham, Ciaran Clark, Marc Wilson are all better options. You might argue that Wilson and Clarke play in the centre, but Ward wasn't even a left back until a few years ago, he was an attacker.

I thought Wilson was left back for Stoke?

OK, thanks Wikipedia:

Wilson continued to play at left back during the 2011–12 season and has been branded by Tony Pulis as 'Stoke's unsung hero'.[SUP][/SUP]

"Nobody mentions Marc at all, but I think he's been outstanding this year when you think he hasn't played full-back before. For me, he doesn't get the credit he deserves. He's more of a midfield player than a full-back, but he's done fantastically well in defence. I thought on Sunday at Everton he showed he's got so much quality when he's in possession. It's not just about his defending and that is a great asset for this football club"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back