international cat dilemma (1 Viewer)

SadieOutlaw

i have two cats in L.A. and i want them back.

i've been looking all over the internet trying to find a reasonable way to do it and all i can come up with is getting them some expensive computer chips implanted in their legs which will allow them to enter england without having to be quarantined for months. then renting a car there and ferrying them home.
does anyone else have a clue how to go about this in the least cruel way?
i don't want them to be quarantined for 6 months etc.

Awww. I can't offer any helpful advice, but I can say awwww. I hope they get home safe and sound and have some crazy adventures on the way. Will your puppy eat them when you get them home? Because if so, maybe you should leave them there.

aoifed said:
Awww. I can't offer any helpful advice, but I can say awwww. I hope they get home safe and sound and have some crazy adventures on the way. Will your puppy eat them when you get them home? Because if so, maybe you should leave them there.

well i'm moving somewhere without my puppy soon so it'll just be me and the cats. i was going to leave them there despite missing them terribly but the guy who has them is getting fed up with one of them. apparently the little scamp is causing trouble and i'm afraid he might get thrown out or something.:(

that's really sad. Poor mogs. Can you not go down the quarantine route, or can you just not bear to see them locked up for 6 months? is that Pet Passport thing not in operation yet?

aoifed said:
It's true (what Wilbert said). And if they've lived in LA they'll probably be very fussy eaters and use very expensive beauty products. Embrace your Oirishness, get a pet ham and a head of cabbage. They give better hugs than cats.

no seriously, at the risk of sounding like one of those weirdy cat people, my cats have mad personalities and they're very affectionate. i've been without them for over a year now and i was getting used to not having them but the youngest one is about to become homeless and i just can't let that happen.
anyway, if i had a pet food item it wouldn't last very long, i get hungry.

kirstie said:
that's really sad. Poor mogs. Can you not go down the quarantine route, or can you just not bear to see them locked up for 6 months? is that Pet Passport thing not in operation yet?

the pet passport thing is also the chip in the leg thing. they've allowed it in england but not here. the problem i'm having with that is there are only 5 or 6 approved vets to do the chip operation and i can't find any information on where they are.

oh right - one of my sisters got her cats microchipped last week, but that was more for identification purposes than anything I think.

SadieOutlaw said:
the pet passport thing is also the chip in the leg thing. they've allowed it in england but not here. the problem i'm having with that is there are only 5 or 6 approved vets to do the chip operation and i can't find any information on where they are.

hag said:
wow, what a pack of insensitive wankers sadie... don't mind them. x

yeah i was hoping for some help, but everyone's got their funny hat on today.
except for wavioli, i don't think he owns a funny hat.:D

SadieOutlaw said:
yeah i was hoping for some help, but everyone's got their funny hat on today.
except for wavioli, i don't think he owns a funny hat.:D
heh yeah, it's funny how people think they're funny.

looks around sheepishly and says to self "not looking at anyone in particular hag, ok buddy?"

Wilbert said:

yeah see they check your pet has no diseases, then put the info on the chip, but because it's to do with immigration and stuff, they've only approved a handful of vets to give your pet a bill of good health. i can't find the dudes who can do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back