international cat dilemma (2 Viewers)

Bing said:

any chance you know of any no kill shelters in the area?
they seem like a great place but they make no guarentee that my babies wont be put to sleep. i'll try googling no kill shelters, see what i get.

lmd64 said:
seriously, i can't believe you don't like the cat press. there's nothing like a glass of freshly squeezed cat juice in the morning to get your day off to a good start.
i thought you were compassionate for whatever reason...

ok i have loads of stuff to work with now.
i'm still not sure i'm giving up on getting them over here, but at least i know it's not the end of the world if i don't. there are a few no kill places in california that actively look for homes so i'm going to send them all a nice email:)

hag said:
ok, but sadie is and is looking for help!
they were 'jokes', see, not to be taken seriously. And seeing as how there was lots of help winging its way across the interweb to sadie's virtual doorstep, i thought i'd lighten the mood with a couple of these aforementioned 'jokes'. wasn't like i was, ooh, i dunno, wearing a Nazi uniform to a Natives and Colonial fancy dress party, or something. I wasn't expecting the Spanish Inquisition *cough*.

so, anyway, cats, eh?

lmd64 said:
they were 'jokes', see, not to be taken seriously. And seeing as how there was lots of help winging its way across the interweb to sadie's virtual doorstep, i thought i'd lighten the mood with a couple of these aforementioned 'jokes'. wasn't like i was, ooh, i dunno, wearing a Nazi uniform to a Natives and Colonial fancy dress party, or something. I wasn't expecting the Spanish Inquisition *cough*.

so, anyway, cats, eh?
heh heh, i been talking about that with the brits over here all day... one of them said "yeah, i think he's a bit mad." and then i said "to be honest, i think the entire royal family is a bit mad." and then i got fired. no, i didn't, they agreed and looked kind of embarrassed. and then i asked them if they thought it was fair that the royal family got so much money every year and they can't even teach manners to their children. and they got more embarrassed. and then i said, "sure we've got corrupt politicians, same as you..." and then i was sent this.

shit, it's a funny powerpoint slagging irish people. it won't let me upload it. if i mail it to someone, will you ftp it somewhere and link to it?

SadieOutlaw said:
yeah and they might never forgive me. apparently they were really upset after their flight from cleveland to la and the younger cat is still unsettled and traumatised. i suppose as well as missing them, i feel really guilty that i took them in and now they might not have a home.

awww the poor cats. poor sadie.

heartbreaking as it is, giving them to a humane cat shelter would be much better for the cats than flying them all the way over here. cats don't like to be moved even as much as a mile. if it was a dog it would be cool as they are mad loyal and stuff but cats only really remain loyal to their territory. the cats would be all confused at the weather over here etc etc.

people should only ever get a cat if they are pretty sure they are going to be in the same house for about 20 years. thems the rules.

were the cats declawed? I imagine a yank cat would have serious problems adjusting to living here if it was declawed. how would they fight the other cats?

spiritualtramp said:

heartbreaking as it is, giving them to a humane cat shelter would be much better for the cats than flying them all the way over here. cats don't like to be moved even as much as a mile. if it was a dog it would be cool as they are mad loyal and stuff but cats only really remain loyal to their territory. the cats would be all confused at the weather over here etc etc.

people should only ever get a cat if they are pretty sure they are going to be in the same house for about 20 years. thems the rules.

were the cats declawed? I imagine a yank cat would have serious problems adjusting to living here if it was declawed. how would they fight the other cats?

Na I disagree, cats miss an owner just as much as a dog would, and they can be moved, they just take ages to get used to where they are at.

we used to take our cats on holidays with us, and they were fine. Plus my mum and dad brought their cat back from england with them in the 70's and he had to go in the hold of the plane - and be picked up off the baggage carousel. Ah, simpler, crueler times. They'd sedate them now for such a long journey and take really good care of them. I bet they'd be grand.

Cormcolash said:
Na I disagree, cats miss an owner just as much as a dog would, and they can be moved, they just take ages to get used to where they are at.

my cat's are very loyal, when i would come back from spending christmas in dublin, they'd freak out and jump all over me and sleep in my bed for days to make sure i wasn't going anywhere else. not all cats are indifferent to their owners.
i don't think i'm going to make them go through the flying ordeal, i'll just have to find someone suitable for them. i never intended coming back here, i got the cats because america was my home, but shit happens i suppose.

spiritualtramp said:

SadieOutlaw said:
my cat's are very loyal, when i would come back from spending christmas in dublin, they'd freak out and jump all over me and sleep in my bed for days to make sure i wasn't going anywhere else. not all cats are indifferent to their owners.
i don't think i'm going to make them go through the flying ordeal, i'll just have to find someone suitable for them. i never intended coming back here, i got the cats because america was my home, but shit happens i suppose.
hey, thumped is full of people trying to tell you you did this or that wrong, or that you're stupid or something. i just got told i need to deflate my ego. i just ignore it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back