international cat dilemma (4 Viewers)

just hello in a cat accent really. however im not sure if its always meant in a friendly way, check this recent picture of her

safftalk2.jpg

As far as I know, if you gt the chip, it'll have to still be in for 6 months before you can avoid quarentine. Our old vet in Pasadena would implant it...will look for the name and number this evening. We shipped our two dogs from LA 2.5 years ago. They spent 6 mos. in England. They faired out pretty well, and reconized us no prob. $7000 US between the two of em. for flights, vet and the quarentine. Have you checked out Lisdon Hall in Swords? At least then you could visit them if you have to got that route. When we brought our two cats from Dublin to LA, it didn't really cost anything at all but it was quite tramatic for them. Little hearts etc. I'd say find someone who will take them, find two new cats, and visit them when ya go back.
bing

Bing said:
As far as I know, if you gt the chip, it'll have to still be in for 6 months before you can avoid quarentine. Our old vet in Pasadena would implant it...will look for the name and number this evening. We shipped our two dogs from LA 2.5 years ago. They spent 6 mos. in England. They faired out pretty well, and reconized us no prob. $7000 US between the two of em. for flights, vet and the quarentine. Have you checked out Lisdon Hall in Swords? At least then you could visit them if you have to got that route. When we brought our two cats from Dublin to LA, it didn't really cost anything at all but it was quite tramatic for them. Little hearts etc. I'd say find someone who will take them, find two new cats, and visit them when ya go back.
bing

yeah i've been reading up on it all morning. it seems like overall it's going to be quite traumatic for them and there's a lot of leg work that will need to be done stateside, but i've no one who'd be willing to do it.
my next plan is to see if i can post on some cat lovers boards in california or something and see will someone loving take them.
:( it makes me nearly cry every time i think of giving them to a stranger though.

Cats are too high maintenance, I say. After getting the ungrateful bastards shipped in, you'll have to get them declawed, neutered, their teeth filed down to nubs, spayed, their whiskers plucked, gender reassignment surgery, legs sawn off, denosed, both ears stitched up, and not forgetting tail extraction.

take my advice, you're better off with one of these instead:
Small%20Moa%20Fur%20Cushion%20250.jpg

lmd64 said:
Cats are too high maintenance, I say. After getting the ungrateful bastards shipped in, you'll have to get them declawed, neutered, their teeth filed down to nubs, spayed, their whiskers plucked, gender reassignment surgery, legs sawn off, denosed, both ears stitched up, and not forgetting tail extraction.

seriously dad, it's not funny.

or, of course, there's the more traditional method of retrieving pets from overseas, without the trauma and heartache of putting the poor dears into quarantine.

1. Insert cat into press (see figure 1).
2. Turn handle until cat is fully pressed.
3. Remove cat and fold.
4. Insert into stamped addressed envelope, and seal.
Huzzah! Your cat is now ready for posting!

Note: to ensure rapid and safe delivery of cat, please use First Class postage.

Figure 1.

jesus christ.

lmd64 said:
or, of course, there's the more traditional method of retrieving pets from overseas, without the trauma and heartache of putting the poor dears into quarantine.

1. Insert cat into press (see figure 1).
2. Turn handle until cat is fully pressed.
3. Remove cat and fold.
4. Insert into stamped addressed envelope, and seal.
Huzzah! Your cat is now ready for posting!

Note: to ensure rapid and safe delivery of cat, please use First Class postage.

Figure 1.

SadieOutlaw said:
my next plan is to see if i can post on some cat lovers boards in california or something and see will someone loving take them.

I'll put the word out to family and friends in LA to see if anybody be interested. Also, if you can't find a home, Pasadena Humane Society on Fair Oaks will take them and find a home, gauranteed. How old and what breed are they? Male, female?

my grandad once put his finger into a close wringer at the request of his older brother, who then turned the handle.
his finger went in and split open.
ouch.
you're still an asshole lmd64

Bing said:
I'll put the word out to family and friends in LA to see if anybody be interested. Also, if you can't find a home, Pasadena Humane Society on Fair Oaks will take them and find a home, gauranteed. How old and what breed are they? Male, female?

the older one was a lost kitten i found where i work and he's about three now, the second guy i got from a shelter, he had been abused, he's a year younger.
they are both deadly cats, really affectionate and really silly in all the best ways. the younger one is a total brat, he loves water, if you turn on a tap anywhere in the house he comes running as if it's the MOST exciting thing in the world and tries to lick it and play with it. they're deadly and i wish i had them back. sob.

sorry, i just realised i didn't really answer your question:
they are both male and have been neutered/vaccinated etc.
they aren't any fancy breed.....eh....i have pictures:)
that would be very cool if you could ask around, i'll do the same.
i pressume i can find that humane society online?
thanks

SadieOutlaw said:
the older one was a lost kitten i found where i work and he's about three now, the second guy i got from a shelter, he had been abused, he's a year younger.
they are both deadly cats, really affectionate and really silly in all the best ways. the younger one is a total brat, he loves water, if you turn on a tap anywhere in the house he comes running as if it's the MOST exciting thing in the world and tries to lick it and play with it. they're deadly and i wish i had them back. sob.

sorry, i just realised i didn't really answer your question:
they are both male and have been neutered/vaccinated etc.
they aren't any fancy breed.....eh....i have pictures:)
that would be very cool if you could ask around, i'll do the same.
i pressume i can find that humane society online?
thanks
sounds like a good solution maybe... it sounds like it would be really really expensive to get them back to ireland :(

hag said:
sounds like a good solution maybe... it sounds like it would be really really expensive to get them back to ireland :(

yeah and they might never forgive me. apparently they were really upset after their flight from cleveland to la and the younger cat is still unsettled and traumatised. i suppose as well as missing them, i feel really guilty that i took them in and now they might not have a home.

SadieOutlaw said:
yeah and they might never forgive me. apparently they were really upset after their flight from cleveland to la and the younger cat is still unsettled and traumatised. i suppose as well as missing them, i feel really guilty that i took them in and now they might not have a home.
but bing's giving me hope though, and that wilbert guy. i smell a happy ending. time to rep those guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back