Impromptu Thumped Beach Party (1 Viewer)

Wheels said:
Sounds like lots of fun. Is it true that the return leg is Northside tomorrow?...

Weather-permitting.

Nominees for tomorrow's destination currently under consideration.

Beach must be:
Near DART line (without a major walk)
Not very manky (sorry, Dollymount!)
Not one of those beaches where you have to walk 200 miles to get to the water.
Less than 40 minutes from the city centre on de choo-choo.

Maybe Malahide?

jane said:
Maybe Malahide?
Sorry Jane, we get enough riff-raff out here without this shower of egg samblidge eating maniacs.

Ever since they extended the dart to malahide it seems almost anyone can get in now...
snooty_chap.jpg

broken arm said:
but you know, if i was in the bleedin country i would have been there.

with my massive soundsystem and a rubber-ring around my face. :D

I was in the bleedin country. But i was'nt there. I was changing nappies.

Does anyone want a baby?

HitsLikeAGirl said:
I was in the bleedin country. But i was'nt there. I was changing nappies.

Does anyone want a baby?

HA!
was watching the seinfeld episode 'the boyfriend' last night. relevant.

apparantely i've been surfing on Europes most beautiful beach!!

"Whiff of fame for eternity as beach chosen for top designer's ad shoot

ONE of the world's leading names in design has chosen a Mayo beach as the location to shoot its newest worldwide TV and press advertising campaign.

Over this coming weekend, Calvin Klein's latest advertisement for its fragrance Eternity is to be shot on Silver Strand, just outside Louisburgh. The advertising campaign being shot on the Mayo beach will hit TV screens and press within about three months and will run for about two years. Silver Strand was chosen over all the beaches in Europe.

The Irish producer of the commercial is Dara McClathchie and she is delighted that the company opted for an Irish beach. "The beaches of Europe were trawled to find the best location and it eventually came down to two countries - Ireland or Denmark. It was then whittled down to two counties in Ireland - Mayo or Donegal - and the Mayo beach was finally chosen," Ms McClathchie explained.

The entire commercial will now be shot and produced in Ireland, she added. There are two adult and two child actors involved in the commercial and a crew of about 70 are expected to start arriving at the beach from tomorrow.

There will then be two to three days of filming and another two to three days to secure the necessary still shots for the TV commercial. Director of Services for Mayo County Council in the Westport area, Peter Hynes, said: "It's an exciting prospect and we are all looking forward to seeing the beach featured each time a TV commercial or press advertisement hits TV screens, magazines and newspapers all over the world."

Mayo County Council is advising people using the popular beach over this weekend to be aware that the shooting of the campaign is under way and is asking the general public to co-operate with the needs of the film crew.

Dara McClathchie said: "I'm afraid we'll have to cut off most of the beach over the weekend for filming and we are grateful in advance for the opportunity to do so."

aye, silver strand's really nice, but a little outside jane's parameters methinks. dont think tomorrow will be beach-conducive tho.....

Brian Conniffe said:
i was, i arrived at about a quarter to nine. i was the guy with longish messy black hair, sunglasses, in a white suit.

i was introduced to people by their real names, so i hadn't a clue who the majority of people were.

Oh! That was you. Cool. I was the guy in the test-card shirt. Looked a bit simple - I have the look of a retarded rapist.

eoinbox said:
aye, silver strand's really nice, but a little outside jane's parameters methinks. dont think tomorrow will be beach-conducive tho.....

There's a silver strand in wicklow which is probably not as nice at the other one. Also you have to pay into it, unless you know a shortcut.

jane said:
Say it ain't so!

I'm blaming you for the weather, eoinbox. If the summer spell is broken, it will be all your fault.

That said, if the weather is nice, your scepticism will be responsible, and you will be admired and praised.
Thursday will be cloudier but friday and saturday will be better.

Woah, I hardly knew who anyone was last night and still don't. For the record, I was the one in the grey t-shirt who played frisbee for most of the evening.

Brian Conniffe said:
i was, i arrived at about a quarter to nine. i was the guy with longish messy black hair, sunglasses, in a white suit.

i was introduced to people by their real names, so i hadn't a clue who the majority of people were.

aha, that was you. i was the woman with glasses and a grey hoodie. and wet hair, what with having BEEN IN THE SEA.

snakybus said:
Minka, I saw you in town, didn't I? How could you be in two places at once?

no! that was my evil twin, skippy!

or, more prosaically, you saw me in town on my way to the beach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back