Impromptu Thumped Beach Party (1 Viewer)

000001.jpg

Aw man, I'm so bummed to have missed this. Was out swimming in Sandycove and all today so woulda loved to have hopped on the Dort to Killiney. Still, I had a lovely day anyway. And I have a big red face now to prove it .|..|

i enjoyed it. lovely lazy tuesday buzz. i was late and didnt get to chat to many though. its hard to mingle in the sand.

yea, I had a great time too. you were all a lot older that I imagined.

also, funny that noone admitted to knowing anything about thumped!!!

Okay

I was a big baby and left at nine. But I didn't see Brian Conniffe, "Ramps" and Broken Arm. I don't believe any of you were there. Or were you? Were you lot the little kids throwing stones?

I laid eyes on Lefty Frizzell - what a hunk!

that was great fun, that was. and (as one of those who actually braved the water) i got to have the quintessential irish beach experience of trying to get out of my swimsuit and into my clothes while shivering under a sort of impromptu towel-tent. i too had much sand in my garments.

thanks heaps and heaps to jane for organizing this. also special magic thanks to queen buzzo for giving me cider to refresh myself when i emerged from the waves.

now, if only she'd given it to me beforehand, i could have been like the bloke we saw drinking a can of beer in the sea....

broken arm said:
also, funny that noone admitted to knowing anything about thumped!!!
how did that work? that's like going to an AA meeting and not standing up and introducing yourself!

"hello I'm plug and I'm a nerd thumped junkie."

I couldn't participate in the outreach programme and go to the beach down here, practicing muzak until 11:00. bah.. anyway, it sounded great. loads of strangers and non strangers all meeting up on the beach like that. I would have had a field day figuring out who was who! !ninjaaaa

minka and I will be giving a workshop called "Modesty Rulez OK", in which we will teach others how to change out of a swimsuit and into 'normal clothes' while standing amongst a crowd of people who are drinking cans. This short workshop aims to inform and entertain.

Will be followed by a brief masterclass in boozing, led by the fella who was drinkin' a can of Dutch Gold while playing ball in de sea.

The final workshop of the day will be called "I Recall Me Ball", led by the fellas whose method of beach ball retrieval centred around throwing stones at it.

This was BRIIIIILIANT. I know Lefty was there, and I know Brian was there, but I don't know one from de other, and next thing I knew, it was time to go home.

ok. that was a crap first-thing-in-the-morning joke.

i wasn't there. i was pretending i joined a random group.......................

i'll never do it again.

did anyone have a camera?

MacFlecknoe said:
Okay

I was a big baby and left at nine. But I didn't see Brian Conniffe, "Ramps" and Broken Arm. I don't believe any of you were there. Or were you? Were you lot the little kids throwing stones?

i was, i arrived at about a quarter to nine. i was the guy with longish messy black hair, sunglasses, in a white suit.

i was introduced to people by their real names, so i hadn't a clue who the majority of people were.

broken arm said:
ok. that was a crap first-thing-in-the-morning joke.

i wasn't there. i was pretending i joined a random group.......................

i'll never do it again.

did anyone have a camera?

i KNEW you weren't there. it'll take more than that class of thing to fool me, bucko.

minka said:
i KNEW you weren't there. it'll take more than that class of thing to fool me, bucko.

but you know, if i was in the bleedin country i would have been there.

with my massive soundsystem and a rubber-ring around my face. :D

I was going to go. Sadie rang me up and was all like, you going to the beach party? And I was all like yah fer sure duder, and then she was all like Ill ring you when im ready and we go.

And that was the last I heard from her !ninjaaaa

so who turned up altogether

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back