Iceland (3 Viewers)

We used Atak last time. Picked up from their offices beside the BSI bus station. We had 9 days camping last summer. Went east to Jokulsarlon first. I'd say that's a must-see. Then north to Seydisfjordur which is really nice. Nice forests and river near there. Loads of good stuff near Myvatn too. Then round north by Husavik and Akureyri. Not too much in Akureyri I reckoned other than lots of choccos (heavily tanned muscley types). Drove up the strandir coast on the west, with a few nice outdoor pools. Then back on the west coast via Snæfellsnes.
If you've 5 days, you could aim for the full circle on the 1 road, or do a circle around the west fjords? I'd say maybe head east for a few days and then give yourselves time for stuff within reach of Reykjavik. Golden Circle, Blue Lagoon and the like.

Jokulsarlon:
2594352610_61393f55c6.jpg

if you're based in reyk for 4 days then the blue lagoon and the golden circle are the two main things that are easily accessible, i usually go straight from the airport to the blue lagoon and then on to reykjavik

airwaves festival might be on too

head out to the glaciers too if you've time/money

airwaves is on around now, isn't it?

when I was there I went to open air thermal swimming pools in Reykjavik. Way cheaper than the Blue Lagoon, far easier to get too. And yes, I am a tightwad.

yeah, the big pool between the hostel and the national stadiu, is great

2 swimming pools
hot pots
saunas
jacuzzi
etc

for about 5 euro all day

goin there in october for 4 days, got a cheap package deal of t'internet. can't wait. any must see shit?

ooo when ya goin? I will be there at the end of October..check out the tipr to the Northern Lights too. I think it runs from September. and DEFINITELY go white water rafting ...DO NOT COME HOME WITHOUT DOING THAT .|..|

ooo when ya goin? I will be there at the end of October..check out the tipr to the Northern Lights too. I think it runs from September. and DEFINITELY go white water rafting ...DO NOT COME HOME WITHOUT DOING THAT .|..|
Did you book this advance? Where is the best place, Skagafjordur?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back