IBS :( (1 Viewer)

get one of these bad boys and fart it up bigstyle
FunnyPart-com-never_fart_in_wet_suit.jpg

I was diagnosed with this as a teenager, but I'm still not sure if it was right or not. It seems to be the best explanation for the fact that I also go through really bad digestive problems, and the pain can be pretty awful.

I think it's part of the origin of my wheat intolerance, and it's definitely aggravated by stress.

When I'm eating healthy, staying off wheat, and drinking loads of water, that helps. But not always.

Have you tried acupuncture? I went to a dude last month because I was in serious pain and couldn't shake it, plus there was the utter exhaustion that went along with it. He stuck me with needles, gave me potions to drink for a few weeks, and it seemed to help quite a lot. I felt slightly better within a day or two, and a hell of a lot better within a week.

The thing about IBS is that it is aggravated by so many factors that no one treatment will necessarily alleviate it. I like acupuncture because it treats the multiple and connected factors all at once.

I used to get it so bad...The pain is unbelievably.

Over time it just stopped - I was told it was stress related.

It usually is aggravated by stress, which really stinks because you're stressed out already, and then there's this awful pain on top of it that makes the stress even worse.

I find that when I start to get stressed out, I have to be careful with my diet in order to prevent the horribleness. Like right now, I'm downing loads of water, eating really carefully, and trying to sleep and exercise as much as I can. It does help, but the problem is trying to deal with it before it starts.

I rememvber eating some thing called FibreGel or a name like that..Basically it was like sand that expanded in your system...terrible stuff.

It is a terrible thing and ruined my life for many years..

So, is IBS like when you are really dieing for a shit, and you have been for a while, and you are on the fucking bus to Cork, and you are stuck in traffic for so long you actually get those unbelievably painful cramps in your hole muscle?
And then when you hit the jacks, its like a hand grenade has just gone off in your large intestine.

If that's what it is, and you get that all the time, I feel bad for you dude. I have had that once or twice, and its basically the definition of pain. If I wasn't sitting down, I would have been on the ground in agony.

I've had it for years and it really its strange but I only lately started to tell people and found out some of my friends have it too. I always get a complex it sounds like a made up thing for some reason but the pain is awful.

I take colofac you can get them easily from the doctor they are great when you are stessed you take them and it seems to help alot. I find cutting bread and wheat intake helps alot as does drinking gallons of water. (Easily said that done I know)

Have you had allergy tests done? Thats the next thing I plan to do. I find having somewhere you can go to unwind and escape helps alot. When I lived near the beach it was great. Sleep is particularly important. I suffer from insomnia which doesnt help and when I mess up my sleep patterns it takes weeks to get them back on track.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back