IBS :( (2 Viewers)

Whats country Store?

cereal
t550501.gif

I'm not a doctor but the link to Irish people having a high rate of wheat allergies would make sense here. IBS is really random it has so many triggers that you aren't often aware of all of them.

I used to drink Cider for a while that nearly killed me. I dont drink fizzy drinks at all cos they upset my stomach and I get really bad vomitting from them - another symptom of IBS. Not everyone suffers the same thats the other issue.

I'm not a doctor but the link to Irish people having a high rate of wheat allergies would make sense here. IBS is really random it has so many triggers that you aren't often aware of all of them.

I used to drink Cider for a while that nearly killed me. I dont drink fizzy drinks at all cos they upset my stomach and I get really bad vomitting from them - another symptom of IBS. Not everyone suffers the same thats the other issue.

Apparently, the only country in Europe with a higher rate of coeliac disease than Ireland is Italy, and in addition to coeliac disease there's a really high rate of wheat intolerance in both. It's odd, considering that lots of Italian food is wheat-based. And then, in Ireland, the over-reliance on the sandwich is just insane. Lunchtime can be a right pain, though dinners aren't quite as much of a problem. Every new lunch place that opens seems to just do sandwiches. But when I'm really suffering, no food seems to agree with me.

I found low carb diets work best for me. Get some peppermint oil and eat lots of yoghurt.

Check out this site, it's more for colitis/crohn's but I'd say if you follow it when you're having a bad attack it'd relieve the sypmtoms

http://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info/legal/legal_illegal_a-c.htm

Peppermint oil does work good alright. I generally find keeping a watch of everything helps. Alcohol is a killer I can't go drinking two nights in a row anymore or I'll die for a week

no one answered my question re dying for a shite feeling. Is that IBS? That cramp thing, or is that just dying for a shite?

i thought ibs was just backed up windy pops.

I wish!

*Jane - actually hadn't considered acupuncture but that's a good suggestion, thanks. I guess it would help the de-stressing process too.

I find mine tends to get really aggravated by dairy products so I just completely avoid them now...I don't eat white bread and try keep even rye and wholegrain bread to a minimum. I try do everything right, I even eat spelt instead of durum wheat pasta....but I guess as people have said, there are so many triggers that it is almost impossible to know what sets it off and equally as imposible to find an effective treatment! Grrrrrr, stupid bowel/digestive system! It is amazing though just how many people do suffer from it though...there should be a little club we can all join :)

I was diagnosed with this as a teenager, but I'm still not sure if it was right or not. It seems to be the best explanation for the fact that I also go through really bad digestive problems, and the pain can be pretty awful.

I think it's part of the origin of my wheat intolerance, and it's definitely aggravated by stress.

When I'm eating healthy, staying off wheat, and drinking loads of water, that helps. But not always.

Have you tried acupuncture? I went to a dude last month because I was in serious pain and couldn't shake it, plus there was the utter exhaustion that went along with it. He stuck me with needles, gave me potions to drink for a few weeks, and it seemed to help quite a lot. I felt slightly better within a day or two, and a hell of a lot better within a week.

The thing about IBS is that it is aggravated by so many factors that no one treatment will necessarily alleviate it. I like acupuncture because it treats the multiple and connected factors all at once.

Must spread the rep, etc but thanks for the suggestion! :)

Apparently, the only country in Europe with a higher rate of coeliac disease than Ireland is Italy, and in addition to coeliac disease there's a really high rate of wheat intolerance in both. It's odd, considering that lots of Italian food is wheat-based.
There is a theory that you get food intolerances/ allergies from eating too much of the food in question - which makes sense, I ate fuckloads of dairy products when I was a kid and developed an allergy to them.

I've recently been diagnosed with IBS and it's set off by wheat but also anything healthy, basically - green veg, pulses i.e anything that's hard to digest. Not fair. Peppermint oil/tea helps a bit, a gentle stomach massage helps too.

I was prescribed Fibogel but I'm reluctant to take it cause a) it contains artificial sweeteners, which are evil, and b) it says the side effects may include bloating and flatulence, which are 2 of the bleedin' symptoms I'm trying to alleviate.

There is a theory that you get food intolerances/ allergies from eating too much of the food in question - which makes sense, I ate fuckloads of dairy products when I was a kid and developed an allergy to them.

I've recently been diagnosed with IBS and it's set off by wheat but also anything healthy, basically - green veg, pulses i.e anything that's hard to digest. Not fair. Peppermint oil/tea helps a bit, a gentle stomach massage helps too.

I was prescribed Fibogel but I'm reluctant to take it cause a) it contains artificial sweeteners, which are evil, and b) it says the side effects may include bloating and flatulence, which are 2 of the bleedin' symptoms I'm trying to alleviate.

Well I was unaware of this until recently but normal tea is one of the worst thing for irritrating your stomach when you have IBS. I didnt notice it but it does make sense. I cant give it up completely but I have it cut down to a minimum. It's awful though cos I love tea

IBS is a dose. Me and truelovewaits (who's my bezzie mate) have had many many wonderful chats about it. I first got it years ago and it was really really bad when i was in college - I was running around doing loads of stuff, eating shit, feeling shit, had no energy, lived on lucozade and chocolate bars. Then i went for an intolerance test about two years ago. As I had long suspected, I am sensitive to red meat, dairy, yeast, cabbage (!!), mould, eggs and msg. I cut out a lot of stuff from my diet and didn't eat yeasty bread for 18 months. I lost a good bit of weight and the symptoms did improve. I've been so much better over the last 8 months or so in particular, moving home destressed me for a good while. But I went back on the bread and that can be such a pain. I don't get it as bad as truelovewaits anymore, the poor thing. It comes and goes but most of the time I'm fine. But i'm really prone to just getting it out of nowhere and it's horrible. Dairy is the real trigger so you won't catch me near an icecream! And i love popcorn but I find that bad, diet coke etc is bad too. I have a really sensitive system and I just wish I could eat normally. Unfortunately that will never be the case :( what with my stupid hereditary high cholesterol, I'm trying to exist on flaxseeds and sunflower seeds and porridge but sometimes I do slip up, I'm only human!
anywho....
so now everyone on here knows about my bowels and menstrual habits. great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back