i hate this guy (3 Viewers)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Does anyone else remember/encountered the music promoter paddy cosgrove/cosgrave

He used to run a rake of ‘battle of the band’ 20 acts on a bill shows in Dublin about 20 years ago.

Played some of his gigs before starting to organise my own (and look at how well that ended up)

Nice chap - but probably didn’t end up as wealthy as his namesake

Does anyone else remember/encountered the music promoter paddy cosgrove/cosgrave

He used to run a rake of ‘battle of the band’ 20 acts on a bill shows in Dublin about 20 years ago.

Played some of his gigs before starting to organise my own (and look at how well that ended up)

Nice chap - but probably didn’t end up as wealthy as his namesake
Not the "Blast" gigs?

Lol, when will we find out about these solutions?

When you’re rich enough to afford them
as seen on twitter - it's an odd choice, if you frame it in the context that the vast majority of humanity have not benefitted one whit from this guy in the last year; the big technical breakthrough of the year is that a significant number of us have benefitted from mRNA vaccine developments.

as seen on twitter - it's an odd choice, if you frame it in the context that the vast majority of humanity have not benefitted one whit from this guy in the last year; the big technical breakthrough of the year is that a significant number of us have benefitted from mRNA vaccine developments.

In fairness man of the year has been awarded to some characters over the year

I liked most of what he did up to and including screenwipe. As soon as he started getting budgets to do longer form shit like Dead Set and Black Mirror it really showed up his bad writing. Plus he has terrible centrist politics.

I think he has 1990s politics and once the whole Corbyn/Sanders thing happened he really struggled. An opening appeared for art that wasn't just everything is shit, I hate them all Gen X nihilism/ the system is faultless and works as long as good people like Obama run everything Gen X and Millenial positivism and he, like a lot of people his age, really faltered. That's not so much a complaint as an observation.

I never liked Nathan Barley myself but I honestly enjoyed the 5 or 6 episodes of Black Mirror that I saw.

Last edited:
Just googling around this article fairly sums it up actually

You can think Corbyn was a disaster and still understand that all the posturing about hating Blair that 1990s comics (and 1990s Britpoppers) were running on fairly started to ring hollow when they actually got someone to the left in (relative) power and they immediately turned on him. One might even say that it was purity politics and they were letting the perfect be the enemy of the good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back