How are Road getting on? (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter MDR
  • Start date
  • Replies 154
  • Views 19K
  • Watchers 13
At least one new record a week. I'm trying to buy Irish too, I'd say 70% of new stuff I bought there was Irish indie.Last week I bought 2 copies of the new Sonic youth on vinyl as presents!And this week I may buy a copy for myself....Since Road pledged to stay open I have not bought anything in HMV or from any shite online cheapo shops wither so I'm feel proud of myself...maybe even a little smug!

I'm ordering on average 2 CDs a week from them.

Its great. I don't even do it through the website now - I just mail them and ask them for stuff. And if they don't have whatever, they just get it for me. Road is deadly. Hopefully loads are buying stuff off them.

which reminds me - time for another order now...

I bought the Tortoise, Bibio and Deerhunter lps in there at lunch time.
Bought the SY and a Vampi Soul record there last week.
The mailout is great for whetting your appetite and I like the way it comes at the end of the week.

interesting* fact: the most clicked link in the most recent thumped spam mailout was to roadrecords.blogspot.com

it got more action than even the unsubscribe link

* not really

Went in out of hope more than expectation and picked up two records I've been digging for ages - both new releases on the day of release and for cheaper than elsewhere. Shop looked great, lots of new stock and all.

If this was a sticky I reckon I'd buy from them more often. I only bought stuff last week 'cause of this post and I'm off to do the same now because I saw it here again. They had the stuff to me ridiculously fast the last time. Well done Road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back