Heath Ledge to play The Joker (1 Viewer)

hmmmmmmmm.......

i suppose we'll have to wait to see heaths' *interpretation* of the joker before we can comment.

can't wait to see if he comes up with manic joker, ice cold and crazy joker or brokeback joker ?

meh, do you really think this guy can play the joker. Always seemed like a really boring actor

johnnystress said:
I hear your NO and counter it with this;

YES

but with the caveat

''if it's done well''

Seconded, but with a clause of silence.

170px-Tony_Wonder_-_AD.jpg

i heard he thinks the same about you, instead his exact words were "whos nofriendo? what do i care, i get millions for every "boring" film i act in"

nofriendo said:
meh, do you really think this guy can play the joker. Always seemed like a really boring actor

msbhaven said:
i heard he thinks the same about you, instead his exact words were "whos nofriendo? what do i care, i get millions for every "boring" film i act in"

Heath Ledger is nothing without me!! I am the mountain to his brokeback!! (that is so gay!!)

Theres no way he'll do as good a job as Nickelson in the original! I think he's an overrated actor too. More life in my dead grandmother!

johnnystress said:
I hear your NO and counter it with this;

YES

but with the caveat

''if it's done well''
Feh. I supppooooose...

It's a hard one to pull off though. Super villains and heros (though I love them so) are so daft! So you can go completely OTT like Tim Burton and do great I think, but your options in how to portray a world with super heros and villains are very limited.

I haven't seen Batman Begins yet.

I think this is great news.. I thought ol' Ledger was great in brokeback mountain, and he's done some great work when he's been given the chance (two hands, monster's ball).

As Nolan is trying to keep it as 'real' a superhero movie as possible (which is what made Batman Begins so good) I think having someone like Ledger is a good thing. Jack Nicholson's joker was really just Jack Nicholson being himself.. if you had an actor like that in Batman Begins it would have ruined it..

And Philip Seymore Hoffman has been offered the role of Penguin but doesn't want anything to do with it. Or so the rumour goes.

As interesting as I'm sure Heath Ledger will make it, I'm just bummed that we'll never get to see Vincent Cassel as the Joker.

vincent_cassel_00290010.jpg

katsuhiro_otomo_BatmanBlackWhite4_pg40.jpg

yeah, Bettany would have been great. super actor and tall as hell. Ledger is too damn chunky and burly. The Joker is nothing like that. he might do a good job, but I can't see it.

"Look at those tights. Man,I wish i could quit you."

I'm gutted it's not...y'know....eh...this happened before,... marti mcfly's da, the bad guy in charlies angels....ehhh...eh....appeared wasted on letterman....y'know the guy,... fuck. Cecil. Cyril.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back