Heath Ledge to play The Joker (1 Viewer)

Corey said:
"Look at those tights. Man,I wish i could quit you."

I'm gutted it's not...y'know....eh...this happened before,... marti mcfly's da, the bad guy in charlies angels....ehhh...eh....appeared wasted on letterman....y'know the guy,... fuck. Cecil. Cyril.....

Crispin Glover. He's a messed up cat alright. I'd NO fucking idea he wasn't in Back to the future 2 for years. Good lookey likey.

avernus said:
yeah, Bettany would have been great. super actor and tall as hell. Ledger is too damn chunky and burly. The Joker is nothing like that. he might do a good job, but I can't see it.

The most important thing is that Ledger is a good actor. If you're worried about him being chunky - well he follows the same kind of method crap that Bale does.. so unless Bale looks like this normally..

machinist.jpg

..I think Ledger will skinny up for the part. He is a couple of inches shorter, but he's still 6'1 (as opposed to Bettany's 6'3).

I'm a bit of a Batman fan *ahem* and have to say I'm happy that Ledger got the role. I didn't really hear his name mentioned amongst the usual suspects (Glover, Bettany, Depp etc) and was surprised when I heard about it, but I reckon he'll do a good job.

I trust Nolan as Batman Begins was very good and did a Batman movie the right way. Ledger is an "actor" as opposed to a movie star so I reckon he'll really bring the character to life as opposed to using it as a vehicle for his own career.

I wonder if he'll do a Machinist and skinny down, that'd be great!

THRILLHO said:
m just bummed that we'll never get to see Vincent Cassel as the Joker.

vincent_cassel_00290010.jpg

What an evil looking shite!!!! Still good actor, foxy wife and has been in one of the greatest movies of all time so jammy evil looking shite

nofriendo said:
What an evil looking shite!!!! Still good actor, foxy wife and has been in one of the greatest movies of all time so jammy evil looking shite

True that. I'll say TWO great movies though, Irreversible & La Haine.

Oh, and Guesthouse Paradiso...:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back