Hayfever (1 Viewer)

Has everyone read this, yeah?

518DNHYqDFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

recommended for sufferers and non-sufferers alike

Is that the dude who went to Africa and walked in lots of latrines barefoot to get hook worms? Apparently, hook worms stop hayfever among other ailments. Same dude now cleans his own bodily waste to collect hook worms to sell over the internet. You should get some.

Nah, Pollen is a novel.

I know about that guy though and am seriously considering giving him a shout. The only thing that puts me off having living things in my stomach is the old irish historical cycle tale,

The Vision of Mac Con Glinne

At about the time that Cathal king of Munster was possessed by a demon of gluttony a scholar called Ainier Mac Con Glinne decided to take up poetry and headed off to the royal court. He arrived at the guesthouse of Cork Monastery, and soon pissed off Abbot Manchin by satirising his crappy hospitality, who therefore ordered him to be stripped, beaten, thrown in the river Lee then left naked overnight in the guesthouse.

In the morning they prepared to crucify him (harsh or what?) but he stalled for time by eating his viaticum one molecule at a time until it got so late they left him tied naked to a pillar overnight, intending to nail some sense into him in the morning. That night an angel appeared to him and revealed a vision.
In the morning Mac Con Glinne explained to the monks his vision (a sort of dark age Irish version of "Food, Glorious Food") and told them that he could cure King Cathal's eating disorder in return for his freedom and Manchin's cloak, to which the Abbot reluctantly agreed.
The cure consisted of tying the king to a wall and taunting him for 2 days with piles of luscious food and epicurial tales, until the demon within could stand it no longer and jumped out of the king's mouth to grab some grub. Eventually it was driven off, and Cathal made Mac Con Glinne a wealthy man.
Moral: Bondage works.

well, not so much that version but the one I have goes into great detail about the demon(s) living in the King's stomach

I have Vurt, but still haven't read it. He also does a good third Alice book, Automated Alice, one of the best Alice in Wonderland interpretations out there imho

Here we fucking go again

a month and a half indoors now :(

once again seriously considering getting some hookworms, I can't handle losing 10% of my life every year

Have i recommended cetrine in this thread yet?worked a treat for me and its cheap as chips too.

I'll give them a shot. Stuff which didn't make me drowsy before is making me drowsy this year. There's only so much caffeine I can take to combat this

For some reason my hayfever seems to affect me less in Brighton. Is there any sense in it being because I'm close to the sea? I have no idea what I'm talking about but my eyes are not golfballs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back