• Thread starter jane
  • Start date
  • Replies 85
  • Views 8K
  • Watchers 4

jane

Website
www.ittybittyhearingtrumpet.wordpress.com
Today I reached a point that really blows. I had to borrow my rent yesterday for the second month in a row, and today I was supposed to do some interviews out in Howth, and I hadn't eaten anything. So I counted my change and I had enough to get the DART out and back, plus about 1.50 to eat.

Then I realised I didn't have enough to get batteries for the recorder thingy. I had to cancel and I'm too embarrassed to tell the interviewees why.

Don't go telling me that I should get rechargeable ones.

Can someone give me a reason not to spend the rest of the weekend crying? KTHX. Because I have a shiteload of work to do before tomorrow evening and I don't have time for that shit.

It took me a while to think what all this giving out reminded me of.
group_main3.jpg

I have no money either. and mo' problems too. so you're not alone. not that empathy helps in this case..

Not that I'd wish it on anyone else, but at least I'm not the only thirtysomething who is having trouble feeding herself.

I've even resorted to cutting down on exercise because I don't get so hungry when I'm not running every day. I'd love some fresh fruit, though, but it's too expensive.

I don't think I've been so broke since I was 16. In fact, I think I always managed to cover my rent then, so no, actually, I'm even more broke.

Hmmm.. I can help you out with little savings..

Rob your toilet roll from various pubs, chippers etc.
Steal your salt from McDonalds.
Buy a loaf of nice price bread for 52c and three thins of nice price beans for 78c, theres like 9 meals there.
House share?

i always found not having money for extended periods was more mentally debilitating than physically.

You're not alone. I am not counting change now (but am not far off) and I have been there before. I have even once put my rent on my credit card. Sad but true. You know those checks they send you every now again....worst idea ever. Honestly, I can't think of a time where I haven't lived on a strict budget and I have been working 30 or more hours a weeks since I was 16. The only upside to it all is a sense of appreciation and it does make you more creative out of necessity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back