Having no money (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter jane
  • Start date
  • Replies 85
  • Views 8K
  • Watchers 4
seriously. the UK is a load of tit.

I have a not-too-shabby salary for a PhD person but all my money goes on rent, bills and taxes.

It's London for me. And trains. I spend an extraordinary amount of money on my train fare.

I mean the NHS is good. Ireland looks like more of a rip-off to me.
We, as in you (broken arm) and I and our loved ones, should move to a desert somewhere and set up shop there.
Are you on for it?

cut down on cocaine, prostitutes, cruises and expensive cars. Worked for me.

I'm trying my damndest, but it's crusing I can't seem to kick. Like, I tell myself 'one day at a time' and 'what doesn't kill you makes you stronger' and 'grant me the strength to stay off the boat', and next thing I know, I wake up with sunlounger squashed into my face, in a daquiri haze on the deck of the Golden Princess. Fucking hell. First it was just socially with friends, and I thought I could control it, but now the cruise ship controls me.

I'm ashamed to admit it, but over the weekend, I had a whole luxury superyacht.

You're not alone. I am not counting change now (but am not far off) and I have been there before. I have even once put my rent on my credit card. Sad but true. You know those checks they send you every now again....worst idea ever. Honestly, I can't think of a time where I haven't lived on a strict budget and I have been working 30 or more hours a weeks since I was 16. The only upside to it all is a sense of appreciation and it does make you more creative out of necessity.
How come you're so broke, Hayworth? jane doesn't have regular work and isn't entitled to the dole, fair enough - what's your excuse? Expensive accommodation? McJob?

if you get cheques / cheque book for your credit card account - shred them.

MBNA are bad offenders for this.

I concur. Worst idea EVER.

Egg, I am broke because I owed tons of cash for paying for six years of college by myself. This is including, books, supplies, food, transport and accommodation. US schools are not cheap, especially when you choose an art degree and then realize you have no marketable skills and need to go back to school. My profession doesn't pay well in the states, it's slightly better here but I am working off six digit debt.

so are most of ireland, in the form of mortgages, when you think about it. I'm quite calm in that I only owe the bank about 200k.

Indeed, but I certainly wouldn't want to have that kind of debt and then have to pay Dublin rent rates on top of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back