Having no money (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter jane
  • Start date
  • Replies 85
  • Views 8K
  • Watchers 4
You could do worse than having no money.

I always say, try to convert problems in your life into a money problem, because it's the one problem you can buy your way out of.

I always say, try to convert problems in your life into a money problem, because it's the one problem you can buy your way out of.

And prey tell how do I go about converting the gnawing black hole eating away at the very basic fibre of my mortal soul as the mortor of every day life grinds me into a bitter pale dust on the side of the Pestel of humanity, into a money problem?

And prey tell how do I go about converting the gnawing black hole eating away at the very basic fibre of my mortal soul as the mortor of every day life grinds me into a bitter pale dust on the side of the Pestel of humanity, into a money problem?

Sounds like you need a heroin addiction.

Indeed, but I certainly wouldn't want to have that kind of debt and then have to pay Dublin rent rates on top of it.

No doubt. Crazy. 1/2 my paycheck each month goes to debt. Then 3/4 of the remaining portion goes to rent. Jesus that 375 euro room is looking better every time I think of it. ;) Granted, I am doing much better here than I was in the states. Plus I am paying it back now in euro instead of dollars, which is a big help. Before I moved here I was counting change like Jane on a daily basis. In the last ten years I have managed to get it in the 5 digit range but just barely.

what did you do in college? Swimming in Gold 101?

Photography. Bad idea. After buying film (min of 8 rolls per week), paper, mount boards, sets (if needed for studio work)...just doing my weekly assignment would cost roughly 200 bucks. Then you have 4 years of tuition at school....21,000 a year. Add room and board since I went to college 3 hours from home town. Add food. Add paying for my crap car (which I saved and bought my self for 800 bucks) to get fixed every time it broke down. Add petrol. Even working 20 to 30 hours at minimum wage per hour job while going to school does offset expenses. I worked my ass off just to have the love of photography beaten right out of me.

Then add two more years (at a slightly cheaper state school) of the same minus supplies to get a graduate degree to make up for the crap choice of an undergraduate degree. It adds up quick. Appreciate the little amount of money it takes here to go to college. I wish I never went but it is just drilled into you that you have to go....no explains the crippling debt after.

I will never own a house. I will never get to do an around the world trip. However, I am not shot at every day and I have a roof over my head so I got it better than most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back