Happy Restarts - copied from MySpace (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. How many people were at Paranoid Visions in the Lower Deck a couple of weeks back. Would that not be enough people "for this to happen"?
Most were old school Punks who barely go to gigs anymore...Deko has an extremely loyal following.

I played with GBH at a gig in the Temple about 7 years ago and there were about 100-150 people at the gig I would say.
The GBH empty Temple gig was the Bank Holiday Monday, they had played TBMC the night b4 which was a far bigger venue and packed.

But touring band gigs (well all gigs) are cheap as chips. Why would ya need to subsidise them any more? Anyone who complains about any a gig for 6-8 euro is is a tight cunt imho.
I agree, gigs are fantastic value and always enjoy throwing that at my non Punk friends.

GGI last year got a good crowd on the Saturday night, it was just the rest of the fest. that was pretty empty. The Saturday night crowd was just about enough to cover all the travelling bands' expenses which was good.
The GBH gig must have been the year after I played with them, I know they've been back a couple of times since. Obviously if they played the TBMC the night beforehand then that would explain why their gig in the Temple was empty.
If there's not enough spiky type punks in Dublin to start a separate "spiky punk scene", then how come every time a band like Leftover Crack or whoever plays, wherever they play ends up jammed?

GGI last year got a good crowd on the Saturday night, it was just the rest of the fest. that was pretty empty. The Saturday night crowd was just about enough to cover all the travelling bands' expenses which was good.
The GBH gig must have been the year after I played with them, I know they've been back a couple of times since. Obviously if they played the TBMC the night beforehand then that would explain why their gig in the Temple was empty.
If there's not enough spiky type punks in Dublin to start a separate "spiky punk scene", then how come every time a band like Leftover Crack or whoever plays, wherever they play ends up jammed?

its cause leftover crack/choking victim were on hellcat, an all the little helcat punks come out then, plus loc arent spikey punx, ska/punk

lol ur taking the piss , I'd rather listen to Crust then Leftover Crack.

They're prob not 18 so would be useless for going to gigs in this day and age of the ID issues and seriously do you think these very same "Punks" would be interested in DIY Punk?

Why wouldn't they? They are exactly the same as you.

About the outdoor gig thing I'd be up for helping out with it if anyone else is interested, I've got a pa and some backline and can get my hands on a couple of gazebos for the gear in case of rain, hopefully I'll have a van come summer time as well. Anyone else up for it?

....also to lump urself with the Central Bank "punks" is being very hard on urself.
I mean did u wear Black nail varnish too and wear make up?? :D

What's wrong with wearing black nail varnish and make up. Sounds pretty punk to me.

These punks are the future of the scene down south. Maybe instead of looking down your nose you should go up and talk to them. Something like this maybe
"Hey you like punk music, so do I, you know that there are loads of cool cheap punk gigs on all the time. If you get a fake i.d you should be grand. Deadly bands etc.. nice people etc.. loads of young people aswell and loads of different kinds of loud music"

But just cause the freebooters are written on the poster doesnt mean they will stop and go look the freebooters are playing they dont know who they are (no offence to the freebooters by the way) they dont know the bands in the scene so names wont catch attention. You would have to explain FREEBOOTERS=PUNK for them to pay attention to the posters.

The tag saying "street punk" underneath their name might have given 'em an idea.:)

I see posters all the time with bands i've never heard of, I still go check them out to see if theyre any good. It's up to these Central Bank punks to put in the effort to find out, not you.

yarrrrrrr

Meself and Roy plastered posters all over Fibbers last Thursday night and they were attracting quite a bit of attention to themselves. I reckon the thing to do is to try attracting outsider, "alternative" people. Places like Eamon Dorans, Whelans, Doyles, Bruxelles, Fibbers.... Just go in and jam up a fuckin poster. Boohoo if they take it down. For the time it's up at least a few people will have seen it that don't read or know of eirecore..... just a thought.

I think you've hit on something Dregin. I've been listening to punk (UK77, UK82, Street, Oi and ska) since I've been 12. None of my friends were really into it, and for years, espceially when I first moved up to Dublin, I was happy enough to listen to my own music at home, and never considered going to punk gigs, as I simply didn't know where or if they were on, (this was pre-internet days). Also, the flyers in record shops meant nothing to me as I did'nt know what type of music the bands advertising played.
I went on with this un-blissful ignorance until one of the big punk bands that I was into (Sham 69) played in Dublin and I went along to it. I picked up loads of flyers at it, which got my arse down to the Temple on Dorset street, and as they say the rest is history. There are loads of people like myself out there who are listening to punk and are really into, but still don't know about gigs. The key to getting people in the door is advertising: posters, flyers, whatever it takes. There's a whole army of punx out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back