Happy Restarts - copied from MySpace (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
cos punk gigs these days are more like hippy/metaler/experimental-artboy conventions , with maybe one ore two "punk related" bands. especially in dublin

and whining on the internet is totally going to change that. all this "not punk enough" moaning is bullshit - if you don't like how things are, do something about it- create your own scene full of spikey cider-swilling, glue-sniffers. otherwise fuck off!

the reality is that a lot of gigs are under attended because most people have narrow musical tastes, and there's lots of gig choice at the moment. at the same time venues are few and far between because there's always a few idiots who fuck shit up for everyone by acting the dick.

i think actually doing something would be a better idea than talking about it on the internet.

the reality is that a lot of gigs are under attended because most people have narrow musical tastes, and there's lots of gig choice at the moment. at the same time venues are few and far between because there's always a few idiots who fuck shit up for everyone by acting the dick.

quote]

for a lot of people it is not an act though, they are actually just dicks

and whining on the internet is totally going to change that. all this "not punk enough" moaning is bullshit - if you don't like how things are, do something about it- create your own scene full of spikey cider-swilling, glue-sniffers. otherwise fuck off!

i think actually doing something would be a better idea than talking about it on the internet.

1) But ur missing the point, there are not enough Punks in Dublin for this to happen. Glue is also more expensive then the cheap lager from the offies too!

2) Dublin gigs and in particular The Lower Deck are well attended as Mackle pointed out people are more open minded down south.

3) Internet is for opinions and advertising gigs !ninjaaaa :p

Barney you'se only get 80 sterling every 2 weeks? Down here you get the equivalent of £306 sterling every 2 weeks, wow hate 2 b u........

:)

internet is easier to meet up on as people are from far away from each other. people are more open minded down south because they dont sniff glue and hate everything, therefore they are not very punk. glue is easier to steal than cider

been on the dole since i was 18 and have never had any hassle off them at all.i've a feeling though that its because i dropped out of school so they probably just accept that i'm useless

i know that the people are dicks, believe me, i know.

there are loads of punks in dublin - just walk around temple bar on a saturday and there's loads of kids with mohawks and rancid/sex pistols written on their jackets.

dole is pretty easy if you are persistent/have an angle.

there are loads of punks in dublin - just walk around temple bar on a saturday and there's loads of kids with mohawks and rancid/sex pistols written on their jackets.
They're prob not 18 so would be useless for going to gigs in this day and age of the ID issues and seriously do you think these very same "Punks" would be interested in DIY Punk?

I used to be one of those 'punks' that went around with a mohawk and a rancid or sex pistols t-shirt on but thats all that I thought punk was until i use to sneak in underage to the gigs jasper put on down in sligo. annd i say i am not the only one about of the people on eirecore who can tell the story of their Rancid punk days

Coolera house is an exception Alex, The guy that runs that is 100% sound and its in the middle of nowhere so not many chances of the cops checking it for underage drinkers regularly....also to lump urself with the Central Bank "punks" is being very hard on urself.
I mean did u wear Black nail varnish too and wear make up?? :D

Coolera house is an exception Alex, The guy that runs that is 100% sound and its in the middle of nowhere so not many chances of the cops checking it for underage drinkers regularly....also to lump urself with the Central Bank "punks" is being very hard on urself.
I mean did u wear Black nail varnish too and wear make up?? :D

well i cant say i wore make-up!ninjaaaa. oh yeah we have lost coolera aswell. but i had been going to gigs of jaspers before coolera house and i had been kicked out for being underage it didnt stop from trying again later that night or the next gig. but the point I am making is that some of these kids are actually interested in punk but have no idea of the underground/diy punk that is around. (others are just complete and utter posers:cool:)

well i cant say i wore make-up!ninjaaaa. oh yeah we have lost coolera aswell. but i had been going to gigs of jaspers before coolera house and i had been kicked out for being underage it didnt stop from trying again later that night or the next gig. but the point I am making is that some of these kids are actually interested in punk but have no idea of the underground/diy punk that is around. (others are just complete and utter posers:cool:)

:eek: Is that coz of that one prick that broke the window after the Mingers gig? cuntbags I really liked that place.

:eek: Is that coz of that one prick that broke the window after the Mingers gig? cuntbags I really liked that place.

thats was one of things there are a number of factors aswell as that underage drinking being another factor you know from being at the gigs there lately there has been alot of underagers there but there was alot couple of other factor i think people bring own drink and drinking outside the premises and sometimes inside aswell!ninjaaaa. but there was a couple of complaints from locals aswell and another few factors that does not even have to do with the gigs there. hopefully find a new spot soon (as jasper has a couple of gigs lined up that I would hate to see cancelled) but punks in sligo do not have a great name from what i have heard and the venues are very hard to get in sligo in the first place!!!

with regards barneys point about money, is getting drunk before or during a gig really that important, id rather see some bands and not drink than just getting drunk thats not really an excuse its just fucking pityful, also, i dont ven live in belfastso im put out of money just by getting to belfast then havin to get home but i dont care, and about doin some thing, im trying im writing a zine at the minute and am building up a distro, but what can be done to change the attitudes of idiots that would rather gett shit faced? nothing, i dont see no difference between these people and wee dicks that run about with mohawks and sex pistols t shirts

Who said about anyone calling the people with mohawks/Pistols t-shirts as dicks????
And most young people do tend to get shit faced...esp during a meet up/gig.
You can't change the world.......

with regards barneys point about money, is getting drunk before or during a gig really that important, id rather see some bands and not drink than just getting drunk thats not really an excuse its just fucking pityful, also, i dont ven live in belfastso im put out of money just by getting to belfast then havin to get home but i dont care, and about doin some thing, im trying im writing a zine at the minute and am building up a distro, but what can be done to change the attitudes of idiots that would rather gett shit faced? nothing, i dont see no difference between these people and wee dicks that run about with mohawks and sex pistols t shirts

To some people drinking during a gig is important especially when it's a band they're not too pushed on. Try looking at from someone else's perspective rather than just your own. You might actually get somewhere that way. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back