Happy Restarts - copied from MySpace (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am all for getting people into the scene. I have seen imature idiots like that at gigs but i say the ones that are actually interested will be happy to get the opportunity but the down side is I could see them getting warned by member of the scene to cop on or fuck off!!! because people like that can be total imature twats

I know there's a chance of them actin the maggot, but if regulars work together to "police" gigs and make sure any trouble's nipped in the bud before it kicks off, I think flyering temple bar could work very well.

Even if they aren't into the music you might like or talk to them, at least when they know there's a DIY scene going on they'll be able to go see something they might like since there's such a wide range of genres being played by bands at gigs... That point was badly made.... bleugh.

cormac: laverys are cheeky bastards, they might not actually bar people as such but they have a habit of not letting people in for dubiousreasons, (i.e. they dont like the look of them) i am barred completely, because i started a fight, which is completely imaginary, the real reason is because one of the bouncers doesnt like me and when ginger joe isnt there he does not let me in.
the pavillion have never given me any grief and to be fair ppl barred from there are barred for a reason in every case i can think of.

as for staathat/cathode i am being stupid its cos i had no money i couldnt go to that

colm, fact is, liking to drink with your friends doesnt mean your a dick, not wanting to go to every punk gig thats on doesnt mean your a dick, being 15 and liking the sex pistols does not mean ur a dick. i get pissed all the time because sitting around not drinking bores the fuck out of me and because i do that enough when im sitting by myself in the house, as soon as i get the chance i am out with my mates plastered because thats what i like doing, i am a punk not a hippy.

lock up, the police would shut it down, yes. it would be fun once or twice, super yes! im fucking sick of drinking in bars and being told what to do and how to behave and how much i can drink there its fucking shit and its fucking boring

why dont we do what the ravers do and have a big free gig or just punk/oi/crust/etc dj sets in the middle of some forest somewhere, cause i know they do that in townley hall forest just outside drogheda and the filth, never seem to show up there, who'd be up for that ? then no one could say i didnt go cause of the price of it or i had no money or whatever...... just an iea probably a stupid one though

I'm interested in trying to get the "Rancid/Pistols Mohawks" punks into the scene in Dublin cos I'd say it'd be pretty hard to find out about DIY gigs, yeah sure there's usually a few flyers around town but not enough, and who's gonna go see a band they've never heard of. I found out about the first gig I went to from Boards fucking .ie. I think going around Temple Bar/Central Bank handing out flyers to gigs would be a good idea, show these kids they can see good live music and not be raped by BLAST.

Just because they're braindead twats who walk around the central bank all day with socks on their hands isn't a good enough reason for 'em to have not found out about an alternative/DIY scene. If they had wanted to find out about it, I'm pretty sure most of them would have by now.

I was in Dublin for The Pogues over Christmas and in the 4 or 5 hours I had to go around the city I saw at least 4 or 5 posters for DIY gigs.

Just because they're braindead twats who walk around the central bank all day with socks on their hands isn't a good enough reason for 'em to have not found out about an alternative/DIY scene. If they had wanted to find out about it, I'm pretty sure most of them would have by now.

I was in Dublin for The Pogues over Christmas and in the 4 or 5 hours I had to go around the city I saw at least 4 or 5 posters for DIY gigs.

they prob dont go lookin for it, theyd prob be very receptive if someone was to hand them a flyer, even if they are goons

as for the rave idea, i have mates who o techno partys out in the stix like, i dont see why it wouldnt work with punk bands the only problem bein its a lot more equipment than is needed to wire up decks. i am not very technically minded tho

The thing is how do you find out about something you do not know is there it is not that well known of a scene to the outside world!ninjaaaa!ninjaaaa!ninjaaaa its total ninja like

they prob dont go lookin for it, theyd prob be very receptive if someone was to hand them a flyer, even if they are goons

as for the rave idea, i have mates who o techno partys out in the stix like, i dont see why it wouldnt work with punk bands the only problem bein its a lot more equipment than is needed to wire up decks. i am not very technically minded tho

Actually you wouldn't need that much more gear at all, especially when considering that raves out of necessity tend to have much bigger soundsystems than you'd need for a punk gig.
But the idea is only viable once or twice a year for a festival type of thing isn't it, people aren't going that far out of town too often, transportation is an issue there.

i think it would probably work, the difference between rave and gig though would be the more equipment needed as you said, but also the location would have to be fairly secluded away from people house etc. incase the cops were called, cause i think they can confiscate equipment used in holding an illegal rave or gig, other thing being incase it rained gear would get fucked, unless there was some sort of gazeebo set up for covering the gear,

actually would people be up an outdoor punk gig or punk dj thing ???

Actually you wouldn't need that much more gear at all, especially when considering that raves out of necessity tend to have much bigger soundsystems than you'd need for a punk gig.
But the idea is only viable once or twice a year for a festival type of thing isn't it, people aren't going that far out of town too often, transportation is an issue there.

aye but if it was done right and busses were organised both for dropping off and collection, it would work and if the bu was full it'd cost fuck all, and yeah this idea would only be a novelty 2-3 times a year thing but fuck, i reckon it'd be amazing if it did happen

Well that's basically what the GGI was a few years back was it not?
Colin and I were trying to sort something like that out for the GGI last year as well, but we couldn't find any sites that we'd actually be allowed to use, i.e the people who owned the few fields we were looking at wouldn't have let it go ahead.

fuck asking guerilla gigging, in a public forest or something, forest would be good as the trees would drown out the sound carrying to far, for people to complain

The thing is how do you find out about something you do not know is there it is not that well known of a scene to the outside world!ninjaaaa!ninjaaaa!ninjaaaa its total ninja like

What i'm saying though is that if they really wanted to know about it/get involved they would have found out already. You and me both live in the sticks but are well into our punk etc. What about these young un's in Dublin who have everything in the palm of their hands?:eek:

And as I said when I was around Dublin city (for only a few hours) I came across at least 4 DIY type gig posters. One was a Freebooters, two were this Stoned Age gig and there was one more that I forget. I know that these gigs were over age but I bet ya don't see any of them makin an effort. You have to want it.

They're obviously happy enough going to their BLAST gigs and listening to their Sex Pistols/Rancid/Sum 41 to not want something beyond that.

I know there's a chance of them actin the maggot, but if regulars work together to "police" gigs and make sure any trouble's nipped in the bud before it kicks off, I think flyering temple bar could work very well.

Issue them with a charter of rules maybe, and a parental consent form.

But just cause the freebooters are written on the poster doesnt mean they will stop and go look the freebooters are playing they dont know who they are (no offence to the freebooters by the way) they dont know the bands in the scene so names wont catch attention. You would have to explain FREEBOOTERS=PUNK for them to pay attention to the posters.

BLAST use to do gigs down in Sligo at one stage then they lost aload a money on badly attended gig which if I remember right on/off played and fucked off and never did a thing a part from a battle of the bands thing couple of years ago.
NOBODY IS HAPPY AT BLAST GIGS!!!!!!

in fairness some kids might recognise the freebooters name on a poster as the supported propaganhi in the tbmc, but its up to those kids to bother their arses to make it their point to go and see em

these kids are wht i call m.c.d punks as the only go for the big name acts put on bu the likes of the bigger promoters, (i am in no way bad mouthing mcd !ninjaaaa)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back