Hairdryer recommendations (1 Viewer)

jane

Website
www.ittybittyhearingtrumpet.wordpress.com
My hairdryer has been ailing for some time, but the other day, it rained inside my house, and the poor little bastard got very wet and had to get thrown out. Now that my hair is quite long, I find these devices handy enough, but I want one that isn't shit or expensive.

Any recommendations? My hair has a bit of a split end problem, and it's not particularly thick, and only the slightest bit wavy. I also don't believe in straighteners, so the hairdryer would be the only heat thingum I'd use on my head.

I don't know what's available or for how much, as I don't think I've ever even bought one of the things. The one I just retired was a hand-me-down that I've had for about 6 years, and before that, I never bothered.

IB0001268_07092001_pf_fp.x4-b.jpg

I have one of these. I rarely use it but when I do, it dries my hair. I think it was about fifty bucks.
D2015BS.jpg

I'm not sure what else they're supposed to do to be honest.

No, I just want one that will dry my hair. If they're supposed to do other stuff, that would just confuse me.

What brand is that? Is it any good?

its just so confusing, Jane. I need a new one too but I haven't yet worked up the courage to go into boots and try and decide what one I want.

work put me up in nice hotels when i get sent away. was just finished drying my hair in one particular hotel room and was just thinking to myself "wow, this is a really good hairdryer" (it was a remington). Then i spotted the sticker on the handle - "Don't even think about it!". :D

I have a Remington Big Shot as well. It's pretty good, but several of the attachments had had to be superglued back together. I'd blame shoddy manufacturing, but it's probably from 18 months of my flinging it at the floor at 9:30 every morning.

Thanks, ladies! I find appliance-shopping totally boggly and I will browse for ages and chicken out of buying anything for no real reason, other than I'm never sure if I'm paying for some ridiculous feature that I'll never actually use.

The one I had to retire was a Remington, and it's at least 8 or 9 years old, which is pretty good for a hairdryer, I think. Only it was an eensy one that was fine for when I had short, basic hair, and did not want to give bounce to any long layers or anything. Didn't even have the button thing for the cold blast, which I only learned in the last year is essential for making sure your style sets. I am clueless when it comes to hair.

WE NEED BEAUT.IE. It will save so many beauty-related tears.

Supposably the higher the wattage the better, I think 2000 watts is good, takes less time to dry your hair so less chance of heat damage.
Also make sure its not too heavy, I had a "professional" one that weighed a ton and gave me a terribly sore arm...
I'd stay away from the ones with celebrity hairdresser names on them :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back