Grindhouse (1 Viewer)

Ah yeah, i get ya's. But i suppose the point of the grindhouse thing is to just churn out some story without fully explaining what's going on and all that. In the RSJ version, the lapdance will lead into a 25 minute sex scene with all eight leading actresses. No kurt russell.

Kurt could be watching from a small gap in the closet door while smoking.

Ah yeah, i get ya's. But i suppose the point of the grindhouse thing is to just churn out some story without fully explaining what's going on and all that. In the RSJ version, the lapdance will lead into a 25 minute sex scene with all eight leading actresses. No kurt russell.

I'm listening...

saw Deathproof last night on the laptop. totally tedious and empty and pointless. unless you like feet or cars or hotpants. and so much for tarantino's "way" with dialogue. now, has anyone seen Planet Terror?

wow - i really wasn't prepared for just how awful
that was going to be.

the first segment was kind of enjoyable, no great
shakes - but that second part..wowsers. that
shot it out there into unforgiveable territory.

what a stupid affected movie. i thought the people
in the cinema laughing were laughing at it. people
are weird.

what a stinker! how do you give kurt russell a role
like that and mess it up???

at least die hard was on when we got home.

now, has anyone seen Planet Terror?

Its not half bad - its stupid and over the top as expected but its a lot more fun than Death Proof. Its doesn't drag the way DP does...

The machine gun legs bits went a bit OTT even for me though..

new to the thread...

question.... even though both went under the grindhouse moniker theyre both seperate movies right?

i liked deathproof. especially the script and the burds.

have planet terror waiting to be watched.

question.... even though both went under the grindhouse moniker theyre both seperate movies right?

Originall (in the States) - the 2 films were released as a double bill with some fake film trailers under the title 'Grindhouse'. The package was meant to recreate a cheap Urban cinema experiences like in the 42nd Street fleapits.

The films bombed - so they decided to split them for distirbute (in Europe I think). The single features are both longer than the original Grindhouse cuts..

Now we never get to Nicky Cage play Fu Manchu...

This has been out a while - think theres a 2nd one too:

51E16C0ZX4L._SS500_.jpg

Its not half bad - its stupid and over the top as expected but its a lot more fun than Death Proof. Its doesn't drag the way DP does...

The machine gun legs bits went a bit OTT even for me though..

hadnt even heard of this film until my house mate showed me a pic of the machine gun leg yesterday but i decided to go today. very enjoyable altogether even if theres a few too many silly gags in the second half.

Playing in the IFI on Saturday and Sunday at 2pm

Grindhouse
Synopsis: Directors Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez present two full-length movies in a new horror double feature. In Tarantino's "Death Proof," Austin's hottest DJ, Jungle Julia, sets out into the night to unwind with her two friends Shanna an Arlene. Covertly tracking their moves is Stuntman Mike, a scarred rebel leering from behind the wheel of his muscle car, revving just feet away. In Rodriguez's "Planet Terror," two doctors find their graveyard shift inundated with townspeople ravaged by sores. Among the wounded is Cherry, a dancer whose leg was ripped from her body. As the invalids quickly become enraged aggressors, Cherry and her ex-boyfriend Wray lead a team of accidental warriors into the night.
Run Time: 191 minutes
Directed By: Quentin Tarantino, Robert Rodriguez

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back