Grindhouse (1 Viewer)

well they're not being released at the same time for one

Yeah of course, though both of them as seperate releases are going to be slightly different from how they appeared in Grindhouse. I meant Grindhouse itself, fake trailers and all. Maybe after both get their seperate release here the double feature'll show up after that.

by which stage it'll be available on dvd and the
dopes who would buy into the novelty factor,
like me, will probably just buy that!

Well the released version of Death Proof is 25 mins longer than the Grindhouse version and i'd imagine Plant Terror is similar. So i suppose any cinema wanting to show Grindhouse would need to have the full cut of it rather than just showing the two relased film back to back.

I ask QT about it tonite if i get a chance!!

Just went to the Premier of Death Proof... REALLY cannot recommend it enough!

It's very very very very good

Well the released version of Death Proof is 25 mins longer than the Grindhouse version and i'd imagine Plant Terror is similar.

Deathproof could have done with beung 25minutes shorter.

2 hours was too long - seemed to be too padded.

Kurt Russell was good though.

yeah Kurt Russell was awesome in it. It was great to watch it with all the Tarantino fanboys last night, loads of 'YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHS', and 'WWOOOOOOOhs'

Second half of it is far suprior, defo alot of stuff that they put back in for the single release wasnt needed.

Great laugh though, if a little too many references to Vanishing Point. We get it.

I saw it on friday too it was great fun but it would have been way better without the extra 25 minutes i'm assuming. It was a really great audience everyone constantly cheering and everyone got the big kahuna reference kurt russell makes.

It was a really great audience everyone constantly cheering and everyone got the big kahuna reference kurt russell makes.

There was also a Red Apple one too...

Is it me or does Tarintino have a serious foot fetish? (pulp fiction/Kill Bill/Death Proof) ?

Is it me or does Tarintino have a serious foot fetish? (pulp fiction/Kill Bill/Death Proof) ?

Jackie Brown aswell, Bridgit Fonda and Pam Grier get some wacky foot close ups ?!?!?

Are they showing the fake trailors with Death Proof or Planet Terror???

I really regret not going to see Grindhouse while in NY earlier this year now...
I thought, a sher I'll see that when it plays in Dublin cmon lets pole vault the hudson!

Ah well

I've just finished watching Death Proof. Enjoyable and i liked the ending.

During the chase it occurred to me to look at Russels's face and check if he had the scar. If he didn't, I thought, then maybe this second half is set before the first half and the killing in the first half is his revenge buzz. I think he did have the scar though, which annoyed me coz I liked my idea better. You know when shit like that happens? Silly an all but still.

i think the bit where it said "17 months later" in between the two parts might have given it away too.

Oh yeah. But if it was up to me.....etc

Never mind the grindhouse cut, the 25mins etc, the film wont be finished till the das nugs version is released. end of.

Ah yeah, i get ya's. But i suppose the point of the grindhouse thing is to just churn out some story without fully explaining what's going on and all that. In the RSJ version, the lapdance will lead into a 25 minute sex scene with all eight leading actresses. No kurt russell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back