Graphic novel recommendations (2 Viewers)

preacher-tpb5.jpg

Triple awesome

Neilo -

-"From Hell" by Alan Moore and Eddie Campbell
-Any of the Alan Moore-penned "Swamp Thing" issues
-"Love and Rockets" by the Hernandez bros.
-Anything by Daniel Clowes
-Art Spiegelman's "Maus"
-Frank Miller's "Elektra Assasin"

These are all ancient though - I haven't been reading any new ones.

cyclotron said:
Neilo -

-"From Hell" by Alan Moore and Eddie Campbell
-Any of the Alan Moore-penned "Swamp Thing" issues
-"Love and Rockets" by the Hernandez bros.
-Anything by Daniel Clowes
-Art Spiegelman's "Maus"
-Frank Miller's "Elektra Assasin"

These are all ancient though - I haven't been reading any new ones.

Thanks G.
You going to the Boom BOom Womb later?

From Hell, definitely. The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (1st volume, not crazy about 2nd). Batman - Year One, The Dark Knight Returns, The Killing Joke or Arkham Asylum. Daredevil - Born Again.
They're the best ones I've read.

new_graphic_novel274.jpg

This is probably my favourite Graphic Novel of all time. Neil Gaiman was doing some research on Japanese Fables in prep. for the translation of Princess Mononoke. He met Yoshitaka Amano (the designer of the Final Fantasy series and 11th Sandman book and together, they made this.
It's the story of a shape-changing fox falling in love with a monk...

Amazing.

Also Preacher is really entertaining, From Hell if you want to get absorbed into something and either of the Death spin offs if you haven't read them yet.

John D'oh said:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to John D'oh again.

To those of you who weren't members of the Dennis The Menace fan club, protocol dictated that if you saw another member wearing the Gnasher and Dennis the Menace badges you had to say DING (Dennis Is Never Good) to which the other person would reply DONG (Dennis Owns Naughty Gnasher).

I saw this bloke approaching me wearing them and I knew he was going to say it. I didn't want to say it, I just wanted the badges (the Gnasher one was hairy with googly eyes). He said DING to me. I paused for a long time considering my response and then turned and crossed the road.

I just couldn't do it!

Wilbert said:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to John D'oh again.

To those of you who weren't members of the Dennis The Menace fan club, protocol dictated that if you saw another member wearing the Gnasher and Dennis the Menace badges you had to say DING (Dennis Is Never Good) to which the other person would reply DONG (Dennis Owns Naughty Gnasher).

I saw this bloke approaching me wearing them and I knew he was going to say it. I didn't want to say it, I just wanted the badges (the Gnasher one was hairy with googly eyes). He said DING to me. I paused for a long time considering my response and then turned and crossed the road.

I just couldn't do it!

members of the Ku Klux Klan when in a strange town looking for fellow klansmen would say "do you know Mr.Ayak?" (Are You A Klansman?) to which the correct response was "i know a Mr. Akai" (A Klansman Am I).

i'm not huge into comics (i just like the purdy pictures) but my girlfriend got me 'it's a bird' by steven seagle for christmas and it's excellent. its a superman story but its not if you get what i mean!ninjaaaa

oh yeah, before you get excited it wasn't written by him
sseg4-sized.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back