giving up smoking. an internet journal. (3 Viewers)

Right so. Today is day one. I'm feeling awfully excited about this.
I felt so crap about it the last few days I began to put cigarettes out in my own eyes as punishment. No I didn't. But I was feeling really bad, and now I feel really good. I think I'm gonna like it here.

Could all of those who have given up smoking successfully please post about how great it is not to smoke again please?

You can do it.

i didn't smoke any spliffs yesterday so today is day 2 for me.

Nothing's gonna stop us now HMD.
Best of luck wiv it.

I've decided not to give up booze this time because normally when I do that, I feel the need to get stoned (sobriety, all the time? you must be joking) and end up smoking pipes and my throat gets even worse than when I smoke fags.

I've given up drinking lots-of-pints for the moment. Certainly budweiser anyway. I have taken up drinking rum and port and shit in the evening though. It's not such a bad thing.

id fucking love a smoke.

me and jimmybreeze invested in this herbal stuff to smoke:
Farmers_Honeyblend__Herbal_Smoking_Blend.cfm

mostly so we could smoke spliff without tobacco. its okish in a doob but as a rare 'id love a smoke' alternative. its fucking SHITE! tastes like sugary leprechaun's arsehole

id fucking love a smoke.

mostly so we could smoke spliff without tobacco. its okish in a doob but as a rare 'id love a smoke' alternative. its fucking SHITE! tastes like sugary leprechaun's arsehole

i bought some stuff in Holland that was a good alternative, i think it was called herb of the gods or something. Was best with grass but was fine with hash. Don't know if you can get it here.

I've caved a couple of times if the truth be known...i've had a few smokes of that spice shit the Head shop are selling..says no tobcco or nicotine in it...but the ingreidents fo what is in it makes for interesting reading. Still going for acupuncture and haven't assaulted anyone..yet. Some days are better than others...it is nice to wake up without a wheeze and the feeling of a large weight on yer chest though.

Hangovers aren't as bad and it's easier to get up in the morning. Plus being able to taste food properly after a few years is deadly, so many things you'd have skipped over as "bland" now taste sublime. I'm off 'em a little over two years and still very glad of it.

id fucking love a smoke.

Taint too bad actually!tastes really marshmallowey.slight undertones of what I can only imagine elephant shite would taste like,does the job pleasantly tho,if a little harsh on the throat.But no nausea so twas grand.

Those giving up,stick with it,it takes a huge amount of willpower but you will feel *amazing* after a week or especially 2,when all the nicotines out of your system.
Best thing I ever did:)

I second everything RSJ has said too,your energy levels skyrocket, and with your less-harsh hangovers you no longer have to deal with a fuckin horrible chest,so you can feel a little less sorry for yourself!

If i quit I'd be keen to take up somthing that i could'nt do prior to giving up, like excercise or praying, but these are not a part of my daily schedule. I cant imagine not having smokes around while working yet, and if i'm not working i'm watching nipper. Quit barwork and Cut down on going out a while ago, so i'm not hungover anymore.

I think i have very valid reasons to continue smoking, and have just this moment convinced myself of same. This thread is for queers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back