giving up smoking. an internet journal. (2 Viewers)

About two weeks,I read the book,then used patches (niquitin,I found nicorette made me feel horrible) to get out of the habit of smoking,then it was easy street from then on out.
smoked for about 7 years,bout 25 a day (I was really good at it!) quit as the smoking ban came in,and havent been tempted at all since.

Best thing I ever did.

I had to go home on saturday because i could'nt breathe.

I cant remember the last time i enjoyed a fag. But i'm not drinking much and i'm off doobs.

Alternatives?

Alternatives?

22984139.jpg

Has anyone found that the Allen Carr books really work? I bought one today and am scared at the prospect of never smoking again. I just want to get back to being a social smoker...
I'm off them three years this month from the book. Was smoking around 60 carrolls a day. Had my last fag as i finished the book, haven't smoked a thing since. I think about it now and then, would love a few spliffs truth be told, but i really don't fancy being back smoking mad amounts of fags again, and with my willpower it's never gonna be a once off.

I'm off them three years this month from the book. Was smoking around 60 carrolls a day. Had my last fag as i finished the book, haven't smoked a thing since. I think about it now and then, would love a few spliffs truth be told, but i really don't fancy being back smoking mad amounts of fags again, and with my willpower it's never gonna be a once off.

Did you consciously say to yourself that it was going to be your last fag?

nah,
he still bums his best mate

He told me last Saturday in the oak that he really misses his best mate since he moved to London. Pretty sure he said his name was Aaron too.

I know a few lads who've read the Alan Carr book and been back on them in a few months(cigarettes that is).

He told me last Saturday in the oak that he really misses his best mate since he moved to London. Pretty sure he said his name was Aaron too.

I know a few lads who've read the Alan Carr book and been back on them in a few months(cigarettes that is).

wow, what a co-incidene.

again, im the big spoon.

my da quit for a long time after reading that book. he's back on them now but he was off them for a long long long long time.
i must give it a read. smoking is "great" and all but its pricey and there's no positive effects for your body.

Did you consciously say to yourself that it was going to be your last fag?
Well yeah. See the way the book works is it goes through pretty much every reason you could start smoking (except doob) and points out how it's stupid, then every reason you continue smoking, and points out how they're stupid, then points out every reason you should quit, and how they're great. It basically brainwashes you into thinking fags are shite, and at the end the second last chapter is "go outside and smoke yer last fag", then the last chapter is "woo hoo, you're a non smoker. Fuckin sweet or what". And it is, it really is. I never got withdrawals or cravings or turned into a prick (well, any more of a prick than i already am) cos i was so happy to finally be shot of 'em.
Aye, the first time i read it i got eight months off them, then back on for about three years, now off for three years. Another mate used to read it every sunday, staying off fags all week, going out getting trolleyed and waking up sunday morning with half a twenty box in his pocket. A book's a book, tis up to yourself to stay off 'em at the end of the day.

PS gay jokes are so oppressive dudes, get your heads out of the nineties.

i'm off the smokes a few days now, feels like i lost my best friend.

is this what being a non-smoker is like? emptiness, boredom and irritability? was close to 20 years as a smoker. this is not as tough as i thought it would be. still kinda sucks though.

siiiiiighhhhhhhhh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back