GGGGGGalway (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter The
  • Start date
  • Replies 59
  • Views 5K
  • Watchers 6
SadieOutlaw said:
hey, you changed what you said. cheater.

(but it's funny when i do that:D )
yeah, it's totally funny... my lady thinking i don't get my own jokes. *totally* funny... :p

plug said:
because it can get REALLY, REALLY BORING up there. 'tis a great spot but 'tis a bit bit small you see...

oh, and it tends to piss rain. A LOT. galway's a bit like limerick really.. except with students instead of "tracksuit people"

a guaranteed way to annoy Galway people is say it's just like Limerick.... but it's not... so there (na,na,na,na,na) .... Galway's not too boring really but it does rain too much... ya think the government would do something about that

snow machine said:
a guaranteed way to annoy Galway people is say it's just like Limerick.... but it's not... so there (na,na,na,na,na) .... Galway's not too boring really but it does rain too much... ya think the government would do something about that
yeah, I'm just being cruel ;) they're nothing alike. for example:

galway (aaah..)

galwaysunset.JPG

limrock .|..|

carbg.jpg

ONLY JOKING!!!! ;) ;) ;)

Galway was lovely...as usual. Thanks to Gugai for his generous heart and hospitality.

The American Music Club were fantastic. Better on Friday in Galway than Dublin on Saturday.

The crowd was great. Very quiet during Emmett Tinley's opening set. His beautiful music has that effect on people, but the crowd were shockingly respectful of a support act. I won't say anything the disrespect that support acts get here about Dublin. Oops. Too late.

Anyway, and in fairness, the Saturday Dublin crowd at the Village were very decent during the opening set as well.

For those interested, and you'll be hearing more about this from me, Emmett Tinley's solo album ATTIC FAITH is released on April 15th with a party at Whelans. He's also playing the Hoot Night on the 12th of Feb at the Sugar Club. Fans of Emmett and/or The Prayer Boat can join a cool Yahoo group I started a few years ago when I was in Chicago... Its at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Emmett_Tinley_and_The_Prayer_Boat/

stunning said:
Can I also say that the Roisin Dubh looks and sounds great and the staff were pleasant and friendly.

Very good. Full marks from the American judge!

Thank you kindly. had a look at the dates. Could we have that on May 6?

wasn't at the American music club gig in Galway but was at the one in Dublin and it was brilliant. just got back to Cork a while ago. theres only a few bands i travel to dublin for. Jesus' hands.... what a song

want to go to Brendan benson but its a monday night and might go to Mark kolozelek/sun kil moon ....why don't these people come to Cork...its costing a fortune.

bohs punks said:
looking forward to visiting galway on thursday for la fraction in richardsons, quality night awaits .

Oh my God, La Fraction are only AMAZING!

Gugai, stop whatever you're doing and get over to see them! In fact, everyone on the western seaboard, stop what your doing and get over to see them!

bohs punks said:
looking forward to visiting galway on thursday for la fraction in richardsons, quality night awaits .

..emm isn't the punx piss up thing on in richardsons on thursday with that french band whose name escapes me? or has all this been changed?

Cormcolash said:
Richardsons is a great venue, but then I always found gigs in Galway to be great fun, the guys out there are a great laugh!

Hooray!!! props for Galway!!!! It'd didn't rain again today... :)

United Bible Studies were class in Richardsons, droney dark and just weird... it's the kind I like.... !ninjaaaa

The Roisin sound system has been improved greatly
.|..| to the Gugai man!!!! ... AMC, was great to see them after eleven years... the tivoli, 1994... sniff.... (cocaine of course, me no cry)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back