General Election 2025 (4 Viewers)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 260
  • Views 13K
  • Watchers 2
Jack chambers is minister for finance. Proper wtaf moment.
I've seen him being interviewed before the last election and he was nothing short of a dope

In fairness, he's definitely worked hard on the media training, so he showcases a lot better now.
But I'd have no confidence in him being in charge of the money.

I hope Paschal (who fixed the road) is checking his homework.

He has his dad for that. Parachuted as a complete nobody into a safe seat. Caused at least one long term party member (who has probably good reason to think they had the next shot) to leave the party.

Shortall and Murphy are both not not contesting the next elections. Maybe the rumors or a Labour/SD merger have a bit of truth to them.

I can see SD working with Ivana Bacik but I'm not sure how Cairns would be after just getting the leadership role. They've worked together before, so who knows.

Labour + SD = Labour

Labour more of a toxic brand though? SD's of the perceived as centre left "we appeal to the guilty middle classes cohort" parties have a selling point of having never propped up FFG unlike labour or the greens.

Mind you look at what happened when DL and labour merged, the entryists took over. Cairns and Gannon could be running the show promptly enough

Labour more of a toxic brand though? SD's of the perceived as centre left "we appeal to the guilty middle classes cohort" parties have a selling point of having never propped up FFG unlike labour or the greens.

Mind you look at what happened when DL and labour merged, the entryists took over. Cairns and Gannon could be running the show promptly enough
Highly doubt Gannon will be running anything, even if he even gets in again.

Outside the schoolyard shit in Ireland, in the real world Labour and SD both fall under the S&D banner in Europe and are effectively running against themselves in European Elections, so the adult thing to do would be to technically dissolve both entities and work as one unit with a new name and modernised program for Ireland that doesn't Isolate either of the above mentioned entities.
If they don't get that over the line before the Dail returns it'd be a bit messy post election.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back