General Election 2025 (4 Viewers)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 230
  • Views 10K
  • Watchers 2
SD's have much more showing in the european parliament, whatever that means for people.

I won't complain if he pulls the party to the left a bit, I see from that story that he ran in the 2007 GE for PBP, that's where I would have thought he'd be.

He's a lecturer in Maynooth now (as I said I was aware of him when we were younger so I've taken note of the name as he's remained in the public sphere since) which is Murphy's constituency, I wonder if they're grooming him for after her (she's 70 now). The campaigning "expertise" in Kildare North during repeal was all provided by the SD's from what I saw, not saying people from other parties weren't involved I canvassed with people who said they were PBP supporters, but some of the ones I saw around here had people who are now SD councillors providing organisational advice.

He made a bit of statement yesterday about his view of it

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i wonder if him being essentially a single issue candidate will help or hurt him. i suspect the former, given the single issue at play.

I think it might help him if he gets a seat? Being single issue is sorta more valuable at EU level. IF he lands in the EU with similar numbers that S&D have already and tells the bloc he'll play ball for one thing that he wants, he might get it - he'd end up on housing commitee stage stuff and all the rest which is kinda how work gets done over there.

I'm listening.
He has a habit of talking in circles and contradicts his own arguments given enough time, and he doesn’t back these up with as much independent data as is needed.
I appreciate what direction he wants society to go in but has the feel of a chancer.
I still have no clue who to vote for. I went to some of the EU parliament and council buildings in Brussels last years and got to have a nose around, and I honestly had no idea just how many of our laws, policies etc come from there. It was a bit of a shock.

FlashGordonOfficialStory_39-1440x1143.jpg

This will be Hearne

I went to some of the EU parliament and council buildings in Brussels last years and got to have a nose around, and I honestly had no idea just how many of our laws, policies etc come from there. It was a bit of a shock.

Yeah I'd kinda the same reaction after spending time there. I think it's more democratic than standalone Ireland or America or UK though. Ideally it would move even slower than it does but things Keep happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back