gardening forum (1 Viewer)

i have two lavendar plants outside my flat but am not sure how to take cutting off it? can anyone tell me what i should chop so as to get a nice root going? have done other plants its just that lavendar looks all fidly and i dont see how a root will grow off the flower bit.

Take a heel cutting by tearing off a a side shoot (without flowers) and trim any raggy bits of bark that come with it. Its a bit late for taking cuttings like that from but you could still try.

well, my rhubarb is coming along fine, and i have signs of life from the onion sets i planted a week or two ago.

plus, some of the seeds i collected while out walking in a forest have started to germinate - i wish i'd labelled the pots, the only ones i can identify are the hazel and horse chestnut.

I have a lavender plant in my room.I keep it near the window as thats what the florist said to do.I water it but never give it food.Am I supposed to?

if you got it in a florists there should be fertiliser mixed in to the soil(mainly vermiculite or perilite) these are in the soli to make it porous for the plant and to distribute nutrients through the soil as it slowly breaks down.
just keep in mind where the plant comes from and treat accordly eg lavander likes sun has deep roots and dosent need too much water...

when you water it put some water in a tray for about an hour then remove this stops the roots getting too dry and the fertiliser wont get leeched for the soil...

always remember when the pot drys out leave the soil dry for too days then water this helps the the plant use the water it has.

He's famous for having that seasonal affective disorder thing too. Seriously, gardeners, they're all either unwell or dead. Now if only the same were true of Alan Titchmarsh...

Saw one of these in a shop in the Ilac the other day. Very classy.

DSC00092.jpg

hey, i've been wondering this for a while and tried to google it before but came up with nothing.. so maybe someone here knows..
i had some spring onions i bought in the supermarket start to sprout on me in the fridge, so i thought it would be funny to plant them out in the garden and see what happens. that was a couple of months ago and now this one spring onion is getting a bit jack and the bean stalk. it would be up to my chest if it didn't flop over from being so huge.
is it edible? can i treat it like giant chives and just cut off the green stalks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back