gardening forum (1 Viewer)

so now that i've removed all life from the gaff, i want to start the whole process again.. ..i have one balcony, not well exposed to sun, possibly two hours a day during summer and indirect light during winter, wanna put something green there. whats hard as fuck to kill and looks like i know what i'm at with plants??

I find nasturtiums great for growing anywhere. They thrive in crap conditions and they grow like mad, you can grow them in pots (crap in hanging baskets though, they break easily) and you can train them up on a trellis. You mighn't get any young plants for sale this late in the year though.

I find nasturtiums great for growing anywhere. They thrive in crap conditions and they grow like mad, you can grow them in pots (crap in hanging baskets though, they break easily) and you can train them up on a trellis. You mighn't get any young plants for sale this late in the year though.

And the flowers are great in salads - add a nice peppery taste.

eh you know the guerilla gardening that goes on around dublin. does anyone know exactly where the finglas garden and the phibsboro garden is as i've looked for them a few times but have yet to find them.i know there are maps but they are crap and hard to understand. the reason i'm asking is that i've been asked to do a article with pictures for a contry green paper any help appreciated.

guerilla gardening? do you mean the allotments?
there are allotments in finglas, and there are allotments in de courcy square, not too far from phibsboro.

eh you know the guerilla gardening that goes on around dublin. does anyone know exactly where the finglas garden and the phibsboro garden is as i've looked for them a few times but have yet to find them.i know there are maps but they are crap and hard to understand. the reason i'm asking is that i've been asked to do a article with pictures for a contry green paper any help appreciated.

Try here:

http://dublincommunitygardens.blogspot.com/

http://finglasgarden.blogspot.com/

http://southcirculargarden.blogspot.com/

lads here youse would know this.

Bouli got very sick yesterday and we had to rush him to UCD. He's fine now but the vet doesn't know what caused it except that it was some kind of toxin he ingested.

The only thing we can think of is that he ate something in the garden. We only moved here last week and don't know what the previous owner put down. She'd been gone at least two weeks before we moved in and I would've thought the rain would have washed anything away by now. I've no contact for her either.

Is there anything I can do to try and make the garden safer? There's lots of empty snail shells around and it has me thinking she must have put slug pellets down. I'm terrified to let the two dogs or the cat out.

Is there anything I can do to try and make the garden safer? There's lots of empty snail shells around and it has me thinking she must have put slug pellets down. I'm terrified to let the two dogs or the cat out.
usually, slug pellets are bright colours to make them easy to spot.

i found the phibsboro one on the map but cant seem to find the finglas one. they have pictures but no adress has anybody gone to the finglas one? i work in finglas so its not difficult to get there just no idea where to go

thank you moose and magicblaster

Try emailing them for directions?

lads here youse would know this.

Bouli got very sick yesterday and we had to rush him to UCD. He's fine now but the vet doesn't know what caused it except that it was some kind of toxin he ingested.

The only thing we can think of is that he ate something in the garden. We only moved here last week and don't know what the previous owner put down. She'd been gone at least two weeks before we moved in and I would've thought the rain would have washed anything away by now. I've no contact for her either.

Lads, thanks for all the great advice :D but I reckon we've discovered the culprit. It's this bastard:

arums3.jpg

which looks like this at the moment:

arum%20italicum.JPG

Bastard Arum Lilies! Also know as Lords and Ladies or Cuckoo Pint. Highly poisonous.

Used in the oul black magic, so I said a little prayer for witches to forbear their malice as I was rooting them up. I stuck them in a big pot in the front garden so they might keep living.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back