Fuck Buttons (1 Viewer)

New album leaked last week and i've listened to it a few times. Apart from Surf Solar it's very very disappointing. Most of it is really awful - sounds like The Field with very predictable melodies and progressions that remind me of Coldplay or U2 at their most bombastic. Second album syndrome eh? :confused:

Yup "surf solar" is the businss, but it downhill from there. They have moved on from they "My Life in the Bush of Ghosts" tinted sound to bbc logo interlude weekness. Also the new art is muck too.

Can somebody translate this for me or tell me if its even a statement in english,it appears to be written by someone from sheriff street who never made it to school to learn how to read and write..or maybe thats being a bit too hard on sheriff street..
and what do you meant the art is muck???what sort of a pompus spotty geeeyed fuck are you...the artwork is muck???what do you do for a living apart from play with yourself daily, what a knobjockey.

Can somebody translate this for me or tell me if its even a statement in english,it appears to be written by someone from sheriff street who never made it to school to learn how to read and write..or maybe thats being a bit too hard on sheriff street..
and what do you meant the art is muck???what sort of a pompus spotty geeeyed fuck are you...the artwork is muck???what do you do for a living apart from play with yourself daily, what a knobjockey.

classic salsa

Can somebody translate this for me.
Haha, I tpye the english reall good. My brain was quite discombobulated yesterday morn after a rather hedonistic weekend.
Just to clarify I was agreeing with you there chum. The album does sound years ahead of the first one, since they stopped taken most of their cues from the already mentioned LP by Byrne&Eno and 23 skidoo's 7songs from 81' and 82' respectively. After hearing new songs like "Flight Of The Feathered Serpent" and "Space Mountain" which sound like modern unoffensive tv idents music, for me Fuck Buttons have lost their edgy charm.
The first album was more than just a homage exercise, it genuinely sounded dangerous, exciting and even new but now I wouldn't be surprise if "Olympians" (the most skippable track on "Tarot Sports") is used over rubbish tv sport montages.
I loved the first record's album art and their "Bright Tomorrow" picture 7" is a glorious slab of art. Alas "Tarot Sports" album art is a far cry from their early endeavours and bar from the schizo disco epic that is "Surf Solar", for me the same has to be said about their new boring pop sound.
what do you do
Well at least I dont spend my time being a pointless cynical curmudgeon, but...
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvdGPD443nE"]YouTube - Todd Rundgren - Can We Still Be Friends[/ame]

Haha, I tpye the english reall good. My brain was quite discombobulated yesterday morn after a rather hedonistic weekend.
Just to clarify I was agreeing with you there chum. The album does sound years ahead of the first one, since they stopped taken most of their cues from the already mentioned LP by Byrne&Eno and 23 skidoo's 7songs from 81' and 82' respectively. After hearing new songs like "Flight Of The Feathered Serpent" and "Space Mountain" which sound like modern unoffensive tv idents music, for me Fuck Buttons have lost their edgy charm.
The first album was more than just a homage exercise, it genuinely sounded dangerous, exciting and even new but now I wouldn't be surprise if "Olympians" (the most skippable track on "Tarot Sports") is used over rubbish tv sport montages.
I loved the first record's album art and their "Bright Tomorrow" picture 7" is a glorious slab of art. Alas "Tarot Sports" album art is a far cry from their early endeavours and bar from the schizo disco epic that is "Surf Solar", for me the same has to be said about their new boring pop sound.

Well at least I dont spend my time being a pointless cynical curmudgeon, but...
YouTube - Todd Rundgren - Can We Still Be Friends
this is rather true.
for me though, nothing can really stand up to the force of the first tune on the first album. loved it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back