freebird records (2 Viewers)

Definitely. I like the Citydiscs approach mentioned by JohnnyRaz on the other thread, where it is mixed in with the normal music.
so is the feeling that we should leave the significant releases in the general section and just have a dedicated section for smaller releases?
(which is how it is at the minute)

Pretty good, and fairly-priced, selection of new vinyl in the Wicklow St shop. Never think of venturing into the Cope St one, but I remember there being a good selection of electronic/sixties stuff upstairs.

Neither shop draws me in like the Eden Quay one did though. Maybe it's just the process of getting older/jaded but I always loved going down those steps and rooting around through all the different genres of stuff.

Neither shop draws me in like the Eden Quay one did though. Maybe it's just the process of getting older/jaded but I always loved going down those steps and rooting around through all the different genres of stuff.

ah yes, memories of during the summer when kids used to come down and set off stink bombs...
worse than the recession i tell ya.

no way, the books add to the place. (I repeat I haven't even been there since FB took it over... also trying to support the local record shop in Navan as much as I can.)

yeah, the books are deadly! it's the whole point of the place way before it was a record shop... jesus, don't botch the whole place up completly

I go in about once a week, the stock turnover is a little slow, but I dol like the rack out front with "world" and "folk" and "soul" and stuff, it's good for picking up random cool stuff

I like the SB one and Brian's a great fella.
The concentration on local stuff was never there so much in Freebird, but they always took stuff off me.

The eden quay shop was the definition of what cool record shop should be like. Down in a basement, never know what you'd find, all hip n'stuff.

I've been in the cope st. shop a few times. Its very crowded alright.

No the best selection of electronic music.

City Discs is better for that.

An on-line catalogue would be handy, pain in the arse going into town (to avoid using the local hmv) and what your looking for isnt there. Im guessing it'd be very time consuming for you though.

I kinda forgot Freebird had moved to Temple Bar. Haven't been in it since it moved to be honest.

I used to pop into The secret one now and again until one day I noticed the sign saying that there were no exchanges or returns on cds because of the "age" we live in or some shite like that. I'm all for supporting indie stores and what not, but not at the sacrifice of my basic consumer rights. Dunno if this rule still stands though. Would be interested to know actually because it wasn't a bad shop!

by the by, for anyone who is interested and who doesnt want to buy stuff online, we can usually order in anything you want. the system we have is that you order something in the shop or on the phone and we will text you when it arrives in store. and at a fairly decent price too. i think tower do orders as well.

you can call us at anytime to see if something is available.

also, in regards the book store, i fuckin love the books too and the good folk who run it. its more that we feel we could do so much more if we had say even, half of the bookstore to organise our stock better. woop.

the sign saying that there were no exchanges or returns on cds because of the "age" we live in or some shite like that. I'm all for supporting indie stores and what not, but not at the sacrifice of my basic consumer rights. Dunno if this rule still stands though. Would be interested to know actually because it wasn't a bad shop!

well dude, that was a tough one but that sign was written when it was a normality for people to come in and buy a c.d and then burn it and return it. how are you supposed to make any money if that stands? and believe me it was happening. at the time it was normal to do so in the bigger stores. the rule still stands unless you are a regular and its a genuine case and of course we exchange if its faulty.

and at this 'age', what would the reasons be for returning something? like, you can hardly say you dont like something if you are able to find an mp3 in ten seconds..gnome sayin?

is that not reasonable ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back