Fontaines DC (7 Viewers)

I was hoping for an Aesop's Fables type story, with whimsical illustrations.

Fuck it anyway.

Its sound and all that but also its the 'kicking puppies' argument (this is one I've made up that I use for teaching the stready stream of facists we churn out here). You can ask basically any politician do they support kicking puppies and they are going to say no and people will see it as principles or morals or whatever. It proves nothing other than they will answer a really simple question with the most obvious answer . Its a no brianer. Similar with bands/Ireland/2020, do you support the homeless? Of course everyone will say yes. People will see it as morals and principles but it doesn't teach us much about anyone and for a % of the bands it is a solid career move.

If anything
Its sound and all that but also its the 'kicking puppies' argument (this is one I've made up that I use for teaching the stready stream of facists we churn out here). You can ask basically any politician do they support kicking puppies and they are going to say no and people will see it as principles or morals or whatever. It proves nothing other than they will answer a really simple question with the most obvious answer . Its a no brianer. Similar with bands/Ireland/2020, do you support the homeless? Of course everyone will say yes. People will see it as morals and principles but it doesn't teach us much about anyone and for a % of the bands it is a solid career move.

I mostly agree with you but getting 70K raised isn't the same as answering a simple yes/no question.

ive actually met people who think being homeless is a lifestyle choice, I shit you not!

in Ireland? I've had that argument with Americans and you cannot change their mind.

it was a bunch of old ladies in A shop in Ballymun.
They just could not understand that ‘no, it doesn’t matter how much they save’ or ‘there are simply not enough homes’.
‘They chose to be on The streets’.
Myself and the compassionate shop
Owner politely disagreed because they were really Defensive and I think we could both tell there was no point in wasting our breath

Temples are total clothes horses. How they afford all the cool threads and retro guitars is a mystery.

samuel-toms-adam-smith-thomas-walmsley-james-bagshaw-from-the-band-picture-id474806660

Haircut 100's post war Britain, cricket-chique was the zenith in men's styling
View attachment 13612View attachment 13613
The great thing about 80s art pop was it was pure creativity, working without focus groups or business plans.
The videos lots of these bands were real feats of vision.
The fucking clobber though. Often laughable at best.
Death by morto at worst.

Temples are total clothes horses. How they afford all the cool threads and retro guitars is a mystery.

samuel-toms-adam-smith-thomas-walmsley-james-bagshaw-from-the-band-picture-id474806660
Twats. I know a few people on the periphery of their scene. I think they’re all rich kids and/or shagging the propieters of vintage clothes shops. The lad second from right is in Fat White Family now and dresses like a crack addicted lounge singer.

Users who are viewing this thread

• pete
  • S
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back