Fog of War (1 Viewer)

Pantone247

Since 2000
Website
pantone247.blogspot.com
Anyone seen this?

I went last night, on my own cause I really wanted to settle in and get stuck into the film, I sorta regret it now because as soon as it was over I wanted to grab the person sitting next to me and go "what the fuck!!"

It's an astonishing film, I really find it hard to balance my imense fondness for McNamara as an 85 year old man telling some wonderful stories and trying to impart some sort of lessons and derive some morals from his extraordinary life, but at the same time being horrified at what this man did, I fully agree with the idea that he could be tired as a war criminal, regardless of the US victiory over Japan.

Anyhow really interested to hear anyone elses feelings on this film

woah... old thread! saw this a few years ago; just watching it again now. anyway, it's on google video [video=google;-8653788864462752804]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8653788864462752804&q=fog+of+war&total=229&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0[/video]

only ever seen one other errol morris movie, vernon florida. strange movie...

Great movie. You feel bad for a second when he cracks up, then you remember what he's cracking up about.

Plus doesn't it sound like the interviewer is shouting at him?

yeah... wasn't that something to do with the interview setup, so robert mcnamara would be looking right into the camera? think it necessitated having errol morris in another room asking the questions, hence the shouting...

yeah saw a documentary on Errol Morris once, how the worm has turned....
he devised this set up so the person being interviewd is always looking into the camera, they also have a tv in front of them showing the interviewer, while the interviewer has a similar set up, camera and tv, showing the interviewee.
haven't seen this yet must rent.

Anyone seen this?

I went last night, on my own cause I really wanted to settle in and get stuck into the film, I sorta regret it now because as soon as it was over I wanted to grab the person sitting next to me and go "what the fuck!!"

It's an astonishing film, I really find it hard to balance my imense fondness for McNamara as an 85 year old man telling some wonderful stories and trying to impart some sort of lessons and derive some morals from his extraordinary life, but at the same time being horrified at what this man did, I fully agree with the idea that he could be tired as a war criminal, regardless of the US victiory over Japan.

Anyhow really interested to hear anyone elses feelings on this film

It was incredible.

I thought it was amazing to be able to get some sort of insight into the decisions he was faced with throughout his career.

I get the feeling that he was a very moral man and had to make unbelievably difficult decisions but did them for what he thought was the greater good.

Really makes you wonder what you would have done in his place.

mcnamara's commentary on empathy in the movie is particularly ironic in my view, considering the long held views and actions of the u.s. with regard to foreign policy.

need to continue watching this today.. only watched about 20 minutes. it was getting in the way of my whiskey drinking...

have a look at vernon florida if it's there... it's a weird little movie about turkey hunters and some other total odballs. is demonoid a torrent site? I need to get a new computer so I get into this torrent madness!

i thought this was amazing..saw it in the cinema yonks ago and bought it on dvd as soon as it came out..i agree that its hard to reconcile this old frail man with his actions...such a great documentary..its going on the re-watch list..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back