FNM: i hoped they wouldn't reform... (2 Viewers)

I think the upper circle is unreserved seating, circle is reserved. We have seat numbers on our circle tickets.

cheers man.

Can I ask...why do people seem to be cursing the seating tickets? I actually went for them as opposed to standing.

Now I haven't been upstairs in the Olympia in years, but I seem to remember they were all really good views for the most part.

Is just people's personal preference with standing or is upstairs generally gash?

Personally, I am just getting old, sore back and all that shit.

cheers man.

Can I ask...why do people seem to be cursing the seating tickets? I actually went for them as opposed to standing.

Now I haven't been upstairs in the Olympia in years, but I seem to remember they were all really good views for the most part.

Is just people's personal preference with standing or is upstairs generally gash?

Loads of reasons, but mainly because ya invariably get stuck beside/behind some cunt and can't escape for the whole gig.
Standing, you can just move

cheers man.

The circle seats in the olympia are great but to experience the energy and atmosphere of a gig like this I'd rather be on the floor.

seats are shite what with all the coming and going.

arrived into work late so missed my chance to bag tickets. ah well, life goes on.

The circle seats in the olympia are great but to experience the energy and atmosphere of a gig like this I'd rather be on the floor.
there is something wrong about sitting down at a gig. this will be my first experience of it apart from pretend gigs my parents made me go to with violins and crap, and one or two jazz things

i saw motorhead in the upper circle at the olympia before. it was like watching a band through a glass floor. thankfully they were ear splittingly loud. i'm in the regular circle for this one and it will rule.

in the last few years i have this thing where people (mainly girls it has to be said) feel ok about poking me in the back at a gig and asking me to move because i'm blocking their view. like i have to apologies for being tall or that tall folk should be at the back. its really really annoying and i generally say no.

I sat down at a Sigur Ros gig in the Olympia years ago and never looked back. Fuck standing with a sweaty pile of drunks.

According to the Reading site Faith No More are playing there on the Friday so a 2nd date being added in Dublin is looking unlikely.

there's loads of ticketless people right now who'd chew off their hands for a chance to be at this, so I would have thought that people with tickets would just be happy they got them at all (regardless of whether they're in the nosebleeds or not)...

yeah, sitting's not the same as being on the floor but it beats pressing your ear up to *the backstage door down a smelly alley*.

*absolutely no rude puns intended!*
ha

in the last few years i have this thing where people (mainly girls it has to be said) feel ok about poking me in the back at a gig and asking me to move because i'm blocking their view. like i have to apologies for being tall or that tall folk should be at the back. its really really annoying and i generally say no.
It is getting worse isn't it? I'm getting a bit of a phobia about it now. I wouldn't mind but I almost always move as far back as I can, but still some shortarse jabs me and makes a face. Fuck off up the front midgets, it's not our fault you're genetically inferior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back