FNM: i hoped they wouldn't reform... (3 Viewers)

Yeah, nothing off Introduce Yourself, but finishing with As The Worm Turns from We Care Alot was amazing. Angel Dust and King For a Day are their best albums imo so was happy. The songs from Album Of The Year really came alive last night too. Last Cup of Sorrow was unreal! Fuck it, the whole thing was. Was a little bit back behind most of the jumping around but still came out soaked in sweat. .|..|

Sat down at my desk in work this morning only to discover the bruise on my ribs from being at the barrier :)
Eek! So glad I got out of there when I did, I am a class A wuss. As ye saw :rolleyes: Thanks so much for the ear plugs Gary, savage stuff.
What a gig - even from up the back the sound was awesome (when I took out the ear plugs to check), the band were in an energetic good mood and the sing-a-longs (like Easy) were savage. The East Enders theme was bonkers. Real Thing was fab and had Midlife Crisis stuck in my head for hours after. Also Patton in a salmon suit is just so wrong and yet so right. !ninjaaaa

What a sign of a great band that they can leave out loads of my favourite songs (Jizzlobber, A Small Victory, Everything's Ruined) and loads of their 'hits' (We Care A Lot, Falling To Pieces, From Out Of Nowhere) and STILL be completely amazing.
Wow.

Caffeine, Gentle Art, As The Worm Turns were real highlights for me.
Malpractice segueing in to Eastenders was just demented!
Last Cup Of Sorrow was surprisingly brilliant.

Sound was perfect. Nothing even slightly muffled or lost.

Loved the look of shock and disgust on Patton's face when he caught sight of the fat topless guy crowdsurfing looking for his attention.

I reckon they musta had another encore in the bag that they weren't allowed do.

Full setlist:

Mignight Cowboy
The Real Thing
Land Of Sunshine
Caffine
Evidence
Suprise! You're Dead
Last Cup Of Sorrow
Malpractice / Eastenders
Midlife (Eastenders) Crisis
Epic
RV
Gentle Art Of Making Enemies
King For A Day
Ashes To Ashes
Just A Man
Chariots Of Fire
Stripsearch
As The Worm Turns

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Three in one, crowd surf 4 minutes in. I took some great videos I'll have to whack up onto You Tube too.

I reckon they musta had another encore in the bag that they weren't allowed do.

i reckon you're right. was standing outside the olympia just over an our after the gig and a what looked like the backline van drove off. i reckon they were going for a ferry.

i reckon you're right. was standing outside the olympia just over an our after the gig and a what looked like the backline van drove off. i reckon they were going for a ferry.

yeah, as much as i love Stripsearch and ATWT, they just didn't seem like songs they were goin to 'go out' on.
i reckon they planned to do 2 more obvious crowdpleasers for a 2nd encore, like Be Aggressive and We Care A Lot or something.

Fair play to Adebisi Shank ("Ab-edisi Skank?") too, they did deadly, really used the big stage

Fair play to Adebisi Shank ("Ab-edisi Skank?") too, they did deadly, really used the big stage

Yeah I was really impressed with them too. They seemed quite at home on a stage that size actually! Don't know how they manage to play so tight while leaping around like mad men. Great schtuff!!

You're also right about the set too, so many of my most favourite songs of theirs weren't played, and yet it still blew my mind! I imagine them doing The Real Thing/Angel Dust/King For A Day... at one of them Don't Look Back gigs would probably be too much for a man to take :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back