FNM: i hoped they wouldn't reform... (3 Viewers)

i think i'll have to leave this thread, have fun everyone. till mike i said HAI!!!one22!!

tell the new guitarist he's ok by me but i'm a terrible judge of character.

pete we need a reformation tour jealousy icon.

i know i'll be back

A friend of mine paid 170 euro. I paid nothing. What a gig. It was funny hearing Mike Patton and Roddy Bottum discussing the pronunciation of Adebisi Shank on stage. Roddy Bottum's husband put me on the guest list after I befriended him on Twitter.

This was great fun!!! Amazing sound, amazing performance, amazing crowd, amazing support band. Amazing! I'd be VERY surprised if there was a single person who didn't love that gig. Everyone seemed so into it. Nice to have my first biggish gig in aaaaaaaaaaaages which hasn't been totally/partially marred by total a**wipes in the crowd.

Cool to see the Shank giving it socks and going down so well, even with FNM themselves. Think they were genuinely impressed with them which is great.

* (in work so can't swear)

Paid €200 for a ticket outside - fuck it, worth every penny! One of the best gigs i've ever been at, everything about it was incredible. Best tunes: "Gentle Art of Making Enemies", "Caffeine", "Mark Bowen", "Real Thing"...actually everything was just brilliant! I'm still buzzing this morning (lord knows my ears are anyway!):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

I'd say I've been to 300+ gigs in the last 5 years and this was absolutly number 1. I got a pit pass so I was second row, dead centre. So many highlights. I am deaf today though.

Yup, def one of the best gigs I've ever been to. I couldn't believe it when they kicked off with Midnight Cowboy, as expected them to start with that Reunited song they've been covering. So so many highlights its still hard to pick out my favourites, though RV, Gentle Art and Midlife Crisis spring to mind at this moment. Same as above i'm still on a massive high. Been wanting to see them for a good 15years and it was worth every moment of the wait.

This was utterly amazing. Mike Patton is such an engaging frontman that it's sometimes easy to forget there is other guys in the band. My top two highlights were at the start of The Real Thing when everyone was singing out loud and during Midlife Crisis when the crowd sang the chorus twice and the band just stood there looking amazed.

And of course, the Eastenders theme tune (twice!)

this was great, painfully loud at points, but I rammed a bit of TP in the ear holes and was grand

amazing set and they were hella tight, but the song choice was bizzare after the first half hour, they seem to really, really, like King For A Day

last night reminded me of going to gigs when i was in school. people queuing outside early, long soundchecks, waiting around, ridiculous anticipation. unreal. the gentle art of making enemies was prob my fave.
left ear is broken this morning though, ouch.
mike patton... ummmmphh.

yeah, did they do anything of introduce yourself? luckily i love king for a day.

it was REALLY loud and very bright and clear. earplugs went in after 3rd song but between onieda and last night i'd say i lost most frequencies.

brilliant gig. someone post the set.

I likes it too, but I never thought I'd hear I am just a man, ever again

shame there was only encore, they still had a couple of massive tunes in the bag

yeah, did they do anything of introduce yourself? luckily i love king for a day.

it was REALLY loud and very bright and clear. earplugs went in after 3rd song but between onieda and last night i'd say i lost most frequencies.

brilliant gig. someone post the set.

No:

we care a lot
introduce yourself
falling to pieces
from out of nowhere
a small victory

they left them out and it was still amazing!!!!

and adebisi shank were an inspired choice of support. FNM gave them a big nod too.

"where'd he get his ticket?"
"a friend rang to say she got four. he bought one from her for €100"
"i thought you said she was a friend?"

Oh my word, what a gig. I'm in BITS today, after pogoing and sweating like back in the teenage angst days. Incredible gig, definitely one of the best I've ever seen. Brilliant vibe in the pit, and the view back onto three floors of smiling faces, arms aloft and whites of eyes was a sight to behold.

I loved Land Of Sunshine, RV, Gentle Art etc, but in fairness there wasn't a dud in the bunch. They even made Easy sound new.

I wanna do it again!

Sat down at my desk in work this morning only to discover the bruise on my ribs from being at the barrier :) made me feel young again! Still dying for a power nap buh.

What a gig.

This was great fun!!! Amazing sound, amazing performance, amazing crowd, amazing support band. Amazing! I'd be VERY surprised if there was a single person who didn't love that gig. Everyone seemed so into it.

Paid €200 for a ticket outside - fuck it, worth every penny! One of the best gigs i've ever been at, everything about it was incredible. Best tunes: "Gentle Art of Making Enemies", "Caffeine", "Mark Bowen", "Real Thing"...actually everything was just brilliant! I'm still buzzing this morning (lord knows my ears are anyway!):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

I'd say I've been to 300+ gigs in the last 5 years and this was absolutly number 1.

Yup, def one of the best gigs I've ever been to.

This was utterly amazing. Mike Patton is such an engaging frontman that it's sometimes easy to forget there is other guys in the band

this was great, painfully loud at points, but I rammed a bit of TP in the ear holes and was grand

mike patton... ummmmphh.

brilliant gig.

Oh my word, what a gig. I'm in BITS today, after pogoing and sweating like back in the teenage angst days. Incredible gig, definitely one of the best I've ever seen. Brilliant vibe in the pit, and the view back onto three floors of smiling faces, arms aloft and whites of eyes was a sight to behold.
So was it any use or not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back