Film chat (3 Viewers)

Will the world ever tire of Spider-man movies and remakes of those movies?
The endless live action reboots are tiring
Uncle Ben being killed repeatedly, villains of various crapitude and so on

These two comics ones are just fantastic stuff. Proper good art that makes you think and moves you. Or I think so anyways.

Would you not see them out of artistic (animation) curiousity?
The recent one has so many visual styles, it's a goddamn treat.

If he doesn't kick things off with the kids stealing a train to take to the beach, I'm going to be bracing for things to get serious.

Julian, is Sulawesi inhabited?

I believe so Dick. I believe the place is chock full of natives.

Do you think they'll put up much resistance?

I say, resistance? What on earth or you thinking about Dick!

We've never owned an Island, have we Julian.

No, I'd have remembered owning an Island I should think.

...Are there trains on Sulawesi too, like there are on Blighty?

Not when we're finished with it. Now let's find ourselves a C130, some mortars, and a group of mercenaries from Daddy's secret book. I hope your trunk is packed.

The endless live action reboots are tiring
Uncle Ben being killed repeatedly, villains of various crapitude and so on

These two comics ones are just fantastic stuff. Proper good art that makes you think and moves you. Or I think so anyways.

Would you not see them out of artistic (animation) curiousity?
The recent one has so many visual styles, it's a goddamn treat.
Im told they're great and I will probably watch them at some point. Just overwhelmed with all the reboots and Marvel in general. At one point I was looking for something to watch on the firestick and every option, be it action, mystery, drama, Sci fi was a Spider-man film.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

IFI starting to show/ project more blu-rays...this is outrageous from a cineaste perspective.

Arthouse cinema as run by marketing/business people...I hope they rue the day.

Bad enough the sheer lack of actual film prints... I was thinking before, these crowd make no effort to source decent prints, most of what they show are just basic 2k digital prints...and now they are getting away with blowing up blueys. Are there any film people in their ranks at all?

Bring back that withering beanpole English chap who looked like Super Hans that worked there in the mid noughties....maybe he's there behind the scenes laughing his arse off smoking a big spliffer poppers up his snouzer his head resting on a pillow full of cash notes.

Rant over. But what do other people think about this carry-on from a supposed arthouse cinema with state funding?

IFI starting to show/ project more blu-rays...this is outrageous from a cineaste perspective.

Arthouse cinema as run by marketing/business people...I hope they rue the day.

Bad enough the sheer lack of actual film prints... I was thinking before, these crowd make no effort to source decent prints, most of what they show are just basic 2k digital prints...and now they are getting away with blowing up blueys. Are there any film people in their ranks at all?

Bring back that withering beanpole English chap who looked like Super Hans that worked there in the mid noughties....maybe he's there behind the scenes laughing his arse off smoking a big spliffer poppers up his snouzer his head resting on a pillow full of cash notes.

Rant over. But what do other people think about this carry-on from a supposed arthouse cinema with state funding?

I had a wierd chat with someone recently who thought Brendan Gleeson, Colm Meaney and Ned Beatty (Deliverance squeel little piggy) we're all the same person. I had to admit they do all have big Irish heads on them, and fren doesn't like Star Trek like a prick. But wow, what a thing to think.

But then I learned to my embarrassment that Kurtwood Smith, the bad guy in Robocop, is not actually Micheal Ironside from Total Recall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back