Film chat (2 Viewers)

For anyone that cares, the brother did not win his Annie award, but it does not seem like he gives a fuck.

He met Peter Docter and Guillermo Del Toro at the kind of thing where they were off duty and mingling amongst fellow animation nerds, willing to talk and press flesh.
Disney Iger gave Docter a lifetime achievement award which is kinda sick. heh.

Del Toro was supposedly hilarious every time he had the mic, he won a couple of awards and also presented one. When he opened the envelope he announced "La La Land!" as the winner.
There was a massive queue for chats and selfies with him and he entertained everyone. Seems like a man that loves his life.

That is the sum total of my Hollywood insider scuttlebutt.

Back to Whitehall for the brother, where we do not entertain these Hollywood shenanigans.

He is that. He was seated at his receiving line.

This is the queue of people waiting to meet him

All the Hollywood glamour you can fit in a tent

1677687452641.png

This seems like good news

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I’m fine with that. They are grand but the fawning over them like they’re fucking geniuses every time they fart into a cinema is overbearing.
I was watching True Grit again and thinking about how perfect it was.

It can be easy enough to separate the art from the fandom, I think.

I just keep thinking about how we're down to our last couple of Spielbergs at best, our last Tarantino maybe
Not sure how many Ridley Scott has left in him. Or Scorcese.
Not everything these guys do is a home run, but there's an excitement in going to an opening night with these guys.

Really? I thought that was desperate. Hail Caesar is the last one I enjoyed but it was bubblegum at the end of the day.
It sounds like you don't have the interest - and there's no reason you should! - but if you ever consider watching it again, put the subtitles on. There is so much richness in Portis's flowery dialogue that our ears miss a lot of it, the characters are fully alive (for me anyways)

I don't care as much for the comedies as others do; I like 'em fine, but it's the dramas for me.

Just to add, this really good read on Portis's novels - characters just trying to get home

It sounds like you don't have the interest - and there's no reason you should! - but if you ever consider watching it again, put the subtitles on. There is so much richness in Portis's flowery dialogue that our ears miss a lot of it, the characters are fully alive (for me anyways)

I don't care as much for the comedies as others do; I like 'em fine, but it's the dramas for me.

Just to add, this really good read on Portis's novels - characters just trying to get home
I love True Grit, it's fuckin brilliant. Hail Ceasar is a real good laugh, which is what it's intended to be innit.

Absolutely insane money but just look at this!
Insane

It's the source of all the new Shining photos/stories that have surfaced online this week

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back