Film chat (1 Viewer)

Spoiler warning for any LOSERS that haven't seen The Thing

The Thing cinematographer Dean Cundey has previously shared that specific lighting that can be seen in the eyes of human characters that can give away who is human and who is "The Thing," with the final moments of the film showing that MacReady has the light in his eyes and Childs doesn't appear to have them.

When ComicBook.com asked about the validity of Cundey's remarks, Carpenter clarified, "He has no clue." When pushed about whether there was a definitive answer or if it was intentionally ambiguous, Carpenter confirmed, "Yes, I know. I know who's the Thing and who's not in the very end."

As far as whether he would reveal that answer, the filmmaker teased, "Nope ... Cannot tell you. Sorry."

Cundey's remarks do hold true about earlier sequences in the film, though the theory doesn't seem to reflect the final scene. Carpenter went on to jokingly tease his former collaborator.

"[Dean Cundey] doesn't know. He has no idea. He puts the lights up. He puts the lights up, and we were in the snow. He has no clue," Carpenter expressed. After revealing that this news will be revealed to Cundey himself eventually, the filmmaker taunted, "You tell him that. Tell him he's full of sh-t."

Ummm shot in Budapest, "no connection to previous films" and a cast of unknowns early 20s... Not holding out much hope
I have very little hope for Alien movies these days regardless. Though I’ve gone back to watching all the other movies in the order they should happen in the timeline. Currently struggling through Prometheus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back