Facebook (1 Viewer)

Ok, I'm gonna take the approach of ignoring it and hoping she doesn't notice, and if she does, I'll combine these two approaches -- technocackhandery and facebook not-usingery -- to explain why I didn't notice.

I also have a mounting list of 'pending' people, but this one might not appreciate the pend.

Tanks doods.

hey, I "ignore" people all the time! otherwise you're just some Facebook slut and no one will respect you or your "friendship"

only Quality People make the F-Man's F-Book

I ignore people if I don't have a clue who they are but they know friends of mine - it happens regularly enough, usually guys who are a friend of a friend but iIve never in my life met them, and they try to add me as a friend for NO reason. DENIED. I also get quite a few spammers for some reason. I only have one or two people on the limited profile setting.

Anyone ever meet someone through Facebook? Even if I was single, I'd rather cut off my own ears than do that, but a guy I know meets people through facebook, through some dating application, and ended up going out (briefly) with a couple of them. At one stage he had five girls he was chatting to/emailing/ringing..!!

So let's say that hypothetically, someone you know to be rather bonkers requests a facebook friendship. Let's say that, hypothetically, you're pretty sure that this person just wants to bleed you for information about another person, or use you to maintain a connection you know to be unhealthy and bad.

The long and short of it is: this person is a mental. But do I take one for the team or what? If I take one for the team, it means being uncomfortably close to drama that I've successfully kept at a distance until now. If I don't, it could create more drama for someone else.

Answers on a postcard pls.

And yet you swan around facebook accepting friend requests from people like me?

Anyone ever meet someone through Facebook?

anyone meet someone through thumped?

would be a more interesting question.

I'd like to cut my facebook ties but I've been put back in touch with some college folk that I hadn't heard from in years. It'd be bad form to just disappear now.

sweetoblivion, after reading your post there now I'm feeling quite privileged to have made the cut. Thank you.

The idea of using Facebook as a dating tool is very weird to me. I do know one person who seems to be doing just that (she's also constantly trying to get me to install all kinds of stupid stuff) but it just smacks of desperation. I guess it's incredibly brave of her though, as it's very public.

The idea of using Facebook as a dating tool is very weird to me. I do know one person who seems to be doing just that (she's also constantly trying to get me to install all kinds of stupid stuff) but it just smacks of desperation. I guess it's incredibly brave of her though, as it's very public.

Orkut (the Google Facebook) have an interesting feature like that. You can add people you are interested in to a list. Nobody can see the list but you, but if two people have each other on their list, it emails the two to let them know. I thought that idea was pretty neat : useful but private.

sweetoblivion, after reading your post there now I'm feeling quite privileged to have made the cut. Thank you.

I always add thumped people :) I'm not that much of a facebook nazi!
Basically if I don't know you from somewhere, you ain't gettin' in! (Or if I don't want you looking at my page/pics) Not like myspace where I have somehow managed to amass 1500 'friends', about 100 of whom I actually know - the rest are bands. :rolleyes: I really need to get rid of all of them.

Orkut (the Google Facebook) have an interesting feature like that. You can add people you are interested in to a list. Nobody can see the list but you, but if two people have each other on their list, it emails the two to let them know. I thought that idea was pretty neat : useful but private.

I forgot about that one. I have a page somewhere out there, same with friendster and ringo. Jesus. Someone please read my status!

Hmm, that's an interesting idea alright. I don't know if Facebook has that feature, but there are some kind of dating applets.

Didn't Pete do something like that on Thumped a few years ago?

I've now deleted the people who keep sending me that crap. It's mostly been girls from high school who have been married for years and have just discovered the internet.

Hehe, I deleted her as a friend once, but she sent me another friend request, and at the time she was living in my building so I couldn't really ignore her. I just ignore all the app requests instead, you can block applications too, which is useful.

yeah I ignore all the application requests and have deleted a lot of them but still have more to delete! I have 320 app requests - that's just ridiculous.

I think the problem is that when you add an application, it automatically invites all of your facebook friends to add it. Or at least that's how I explain to myself why people keep sending me 'good karma', that they know not what they do.

I don't really have any applications, and really shoud delete the competitive social ranking thing.

I don't mind people from college or even (in some cases) high school finding me. Mostly the people who've found me through searching are people whom I'm glad even went looking for me in the first place. Mostly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back