Facebook (8 Viewers)

I made a fake facebook account to play the facebook backgammon game I was temporarily addicted to. I now have 27 new friends from Pakistan who think my name is something other than my real name - is it racist that I assume I'm probably being spied on by the NSA as a result? I'm bored with the game and want to delete the FB account but I quite like these new friends and don't want to be rude and at the same time I don't want to tell them I'm fake. It's a terrible mess I'm in.

This little game is spiraling out of control to the point where I'm considering owning up and changing my account name to my real name and being a facebook user (officially) for the third time. It's because of these people in Pakistan. I've even started learning Urdu. Should I

A: DELETE THE ACCOUNT

B: Carry on as I am, these people are on the other side of the world and will never know better

?

B is complicated by the fact that one of them is trying to introduce me to relatives who live in cork.

This little game is spiraling out of control to the point where I'm considering owning up and changing my account name to my real name and being a facebook user (officially) for the third time. It's because of these people in Pakistan. I've even started learning Urdu. Should I

A: DELETE THE ACCOUNT

B: Carry on as I am, these people are on the other side of the world and will never know better

?

B is complicated by the fact that one of them is trying to introduce me to relatives who live in cork.

Bail.

Give your password to someone you trust and get them to change the password and promise not to tell you what it is for at least a month.

Looking forward to whatsapp conversations appearing on your facebook timeline

or even worse, being integrated into the facebook messenger.

Fuck facebook.

thumped should probably allow emojis

emojis_dontstopbelieving.jpg

How in God's name is Whatsapp worth that kinda money??

it's largely replaced text messages and if hysterical internet stories are to believed the yoof of today organise their murder sex orgies on it because their parents can see their facebook

Yeah but I don't know how they can monetise it to any great extent. I am half way through year trial and not sure if arsed paying the 90c a year or whatever it is to continue using it, but like if they started spamming you on it people would drop it like scalding hot shite.

Yeah but I don't know how they can monetise it to any great extent. I am half way through year trial and not sure if arsed paying the 90c a year or whatever it is to continue using it, but like if they started spamming you on it people would drop it like scalding hot shite.

There's probably a way of getting the ads to work. For example I think ads have been integrated into twitter pretty well. They don't put me off using it and aren't overbearing like they are on facebook.
No idea if they're covering their costs with them though.

Everyone keeps predicting it'll all fall apart soon so i'm not saying it won't.

I imagine there's a lot of value in knowing who you're talking to and what you're talking about, then using that info to pitch just the right ads to you. Like GMail.

see also: facebook expanding their male / female / other options

As a multitude of my former teachers were oft fond of saying: would you like to share it with the rest of us?

I arrived in Dublin last Friday, the 14th. It was like 5am or whatever. Anyway I was very happy to be home and I put up a thing on FB "Dublin, be my Valentine"
Everyone liked it in an "Aww" kind of way, I guess.

For whatever reason later on, I decided to add "Sorry for slipping quietly inside you this morning while you were sleeping"

Going by the reaction, it was an ill-judged comment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back