even i don't find this funny..... (1 Viewer)

oh jaesus (there was once an oasis covers band called 'oh jaesus' who used play in a pub close to the flowing tide - no shit!)
get off the "fuck them, they're rich vibe" is all i'm saying, it's founded on hypocracy. bad is bad, good is good, har dee har. people are products of their upbringing. these guys, if they actually meant to kill him ... i mean think about it, they would have known the consequences and they did in front of loads of people ... there's no way they meant to do it ... if they meant to kill him, they should get treatment because their brains are broken. throwing them in a jail where they'll be beaten black and blue for the rest of their lives and maybe killed is the wrong thing to do in my opinion. oh wait... it's the internet. everyone's right. excuse me please. :)

xxx

I don't see this "fuck them they're rich" attitude you speak of. More that they should get what's coming to them for being such pricks. Same as everyone else. Which they probably won't, in some people's opinion.

Don't think anybody has mentioned the 'Wannabe Knackers' theory. I genuinely feel like a lot of these rugby pricks feel a 'hard' deficiency which they try to make up for by acting the scumbag and whats more I do believe they actually go looking for fights. Personal experience, leaving the Olympia one night, we were set upon by a group of Rugger bastards, all dressed in white, like a weird uniform. It was a case of one of the people in the group I was with bumped shoulders with one of them and they just started into the thumpin' apropos of nothing. In fact, there was a group of maybe 6 of them and they started on one dude in particular, all of them concentrating on him and then they would step back and reform, then one run out and launch a kick and run back. I never saw such a shameful display and totally think that they went out looking for a fight. Maybe the' Anabels 4' didn't set out to kill the dude but in fairness I have 0 sympathy quotient for people who will kick somebody in the head while they were on the ground. These people are filth regardless of any other contextual factors and the world would be a better place without them. Beat around the liberal bush all we want, when I see this shit happening first hand, I seriously want the people obliterated. Drink/Drugs etc are not excuses. No matter how drunk I was I don't think it is within me to do that to a person.

Unclealo said:
Seriously though, has anyone ever heard a judge quoted as sayings something as prejudicial as " Lets not ruin anymore lives.."??
I'd say judges say that sort of thing all the time. If my one experience in a district court is anything to go by, judges really want encourage people to mend their ways rather than punishing them
... which is nice

Unclealo said:
Shut the fuck up ! ;)

Seriously though, has anyone ever heard a judge quoted as sayings something as prejudicial as " Lets not ruin anymore lives.."?? :confused:

....every case should be viewed by a judge on it's own merrits. Thats what judges do. THe law remains constant throughout and directs a judges decision but his word is the final call barring appeals.

The fact that they (or at least one of them) kicked him on the ground for me is the deciding factor....

That taxi driver said Sean Mackey told him he RAN AND KICKED Murphy in the head and heard his head snap. Don't tell me he wasn't seriously trying to fuck Murphy up. And no, I don't think Alcohol has increased the viciousness of assaults per se. It has increased the volume of assaults undoubtedly. The increase in viciousness I think is down to something less tangible - maybe more violence (or a greater acceptance of such) in popular culture (TV, films, games, etc.), more ambivalent moral guidance (which in a way kinda ties in with what people are saying about the Rugby school ethic I suppose), and the fact that young people in general tend to be under more stress than they were before. Any ideas?

[. The increase in viciousness I think is down to something less tangible - maybe more violence (or a greater acceptance of such) in popular culture (TV, films, games, etc.), more ambivalent moral guidance (which in a way kinda ties in with what people are saying about the Rugby school ethic I suppose), and the fact that young people in general tend to be under more stress than they were before. Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

I honestly don't think anyone knows if violent behaviour is on the increase, if you were to judge it by column inches in the press then you would think so for sure. that whole argument just reminds of white/comfortable americans insane fear of street crime due to tv shows like cops etc.

I reckon the main influence in this whole story is team sports psychology to a small extent, but much more so the influence of steroids/creatine on the human body. If you've ever met anyone who takes those kinda drugs you will know how much they fuck with peoples moods and state of mind.

egg_ said:
You're contradicting yourself dude

My emotions got the better of me, admittedly. I guess what I mean is that, until they do something enormous to prove otherwise, they should be considered a lesser class of person, however fascist that might sound. Sympathy is warranted only in so far as it does violence to their dignity.

Here's a fact. Fighting one on one is fair. A group of guys hopping on one guy no matter what the circumstances is wrong. Only cowards do that and wild animals like Hyenas (can't spell),but humans should not. A group of guys should use their out numbering to diffuse a possible outbreak of violence, not multiply the beatings and violence. They all acted like cowards. Even if they were drunk. Its no excuse.

ONLY SCUMBAGS ATTACK ONE MAN IN NUMBERS!!

i've been out of the country for a few days and am finding it hard to keep up with this thread - is this about the guys from blackrock who stole the 69 bus and drove it into a bunch of people outside the clarence last week??????

yers
andrew

tones, if you can't see a leaning towards the "fuck them, they're rich" sentiment from some of the earlier posts, you're either blind, you can't read or you're stupid. sorry pal. i can see those guys stamping on his head and i still don't believe they meant to kill him. people can be incredibly stupid, everyone's seen people do things they can't believe they're doing... i'm not making excuses for them but i believe people have it in them to do things like this without being inherently 'evil'. everyone deserves a second chance, as long as the admit they're wrong and never do it again. people make mistakes.

In fairness...

It's the fourth page of this thread and no one has mentioned giveamanakick.

It used to be about the music.

hag said:
tones, if you can't see a leaning towards the "fuck them, they're rich" sentiment from some of the earlier posts, you're either blind, you can't read or you're stupid. sorry pal. i can see those guys stamping on his head and i still don't believe they meant to kill him. people can be incredibly stupid, everyone's seen people do things they can't believe they're doing... i'm not making excuses for them but i believe people have it in them to do things like this without being inherently 'evil'. everyone deserves a second chance, as long as the admit they're wrong and never do it again. people make mistakes.

In fairness dude, " i can see those guys stamping on his head and i still don't believe they meant to kill him". Intention to kill in a situation like this is almost beside the point. Of course theres always the argument for second chance etc but what would that actually constitute, practically, in this particular situation? No jail time? Ultimately, people need to start taking more responsibility for their actions. I sympathise with yr 'second chance' but a second chance, in instances like this has to be earned, not granted from authority figures or whoever.

oh hey billy - i meant to ask you, did you hear about the 6 guys from The High School who knocked part of the 'N' off the sign for the Nagina restaurant on georges st with a Mitre rugby ball after they were knocked out of the Junior Cup?

andrew

what would constitute a fair punishment for these guys? and what would constitute a fair punishment for 4 guys from a less well-off background than these guys who did the same thing? serious question!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back