even i don't find this funny..... (3 Viewers)

people are saying they shouldnt be put in the joy or whatever
bollicks they shouldbe thrown the same place as someone from the ballymun flats
should be thrown if he did it

death.gif

conor said:
p-p-p-proinsias made this point last night - that in several schools where sport (not just rugby) is important this agression is bred into the kids. i seen it in my own school in marino where hurling was the main sport. a year or so after leaving school one of the guys that had been on the hurling and gaa teams kicked some guy unconcious and he then choked to death while he lay on the pavement.

conor, with all due respect...

1. hurling is a game that civilises wild men, not creates them; a game of artists and poets, of daycent men, honest as the day is long.

2. in the early-mid 90s i was in the old foggy dew with a bunch of people i didn't know very well. when we left the pub, some knackery chaps they half knew were waiting outside to kick the shit out of us. one of them was pronsias de rossa's son. i have been punched in the face by pronsias de rossa's son. he punched girls from our group in the face that night. in fairness, that stutterin' prick needs to get his own house in order. people in glass houses n all that...

Jimmy Magee said:
, but then maybeb kicking someone to death if you're from a comfortable background is probably worse than if you're from a poor/violent background (i.e. the crime itself is actually worse
:confused::confused:

I can't agree with that
so it's more acceptable for a poor person to kill than a rich?

fuck that shit

but I can agree with Hag's sentiments; there is definitely an anti-rich slant on this thread,

as for preferring to be attacked by poor (Skangers) than rich (Rugby Jocks) - each to their own and I'm sure you speak from personal experience but I have seen plenty threads like this on boards.ie and other forums over the years and the general consensus there is that Skangers are far worse and do these things far more often. I suspect that if rugby jocks were killing/assaulting/mugging/robbing on a daily basis then the media coverage would not be as heavy as it has been in the Anabels case as such behaviour would be considered the norm

I have to say that it seems that onlyon Thumped is the opinion going in the opposite direction. Fair enough if it's genuine but if it's a case of taking the attitude of "fuck the rich/make every excuse possible for the poor" in an attempt at some form of pained liberal assuaging of middle-class guilt then!bog

Regarding this whole Rich Vs Poor polarisation thing : the majority of people are neither rich or poor; they're somewhere inbetween - where do they fit into this?

Look it, a drunk Rich kid is just as likely to be violent as a drunk poor kid or a drunk inbetween kid. Drink removes social inhibitions, y'know the wellworn phrase drink is the great leveller. Actually, being in favour of coming down heavy on them cos they're rich is actually quite patronising, because it's saying "sure if they were skangers, it's as much as you would expect from them. But you expect better from young gentlemen" or, er, words to that general effect.

as for preferring to be attacked by poor (Skangers) than rich (Rugby Jocks)

Well given the choice between two nine stone skangers or one eighteen stone jock bearing down on me, I know which I'd choose....

thegoone said:
people are saying they shouldnt be put in the joy or whatever
bollicks they shouldbe thrown the same place as someone from the ballymun flats
should be thrown if he did it

Yeah, but you'd never get the cunt from the flats who did it. No-one would rat him out and he'd probably get away with it.

blah blah balh
I studied Sociology of the Media for years, and it was pretty much like this thread, EXCEPT EVERY DAY!!!! FOR FOUR YEARS!!!!!!!!

that's why i am the way i am

20 years, he's gonna get out in about 18 months anyway... I reckon the propensity for violent crimes has risen because why the fuck shouldn't it? Where's the dissentive? Nobody get's locked up for more than 3 years anyways, no matter how long the initial sentence. There are too many people in our prisons. Judges are shit. The courts in Ireland are a complete joke. This particular judge had to slam down a hefty sentence 'cos everyone was looking at him. You could practically hear the media rubbing their collective hands in glee when a posh Dub git kicked another of the same to death. What a scoop! Something else will happen next week and nobody in will think about this anymore. Except the dead guys family.

Rugby on Saturday

and remember, say "no" to Sports

"even i don't find this funny"? well, now i do!
fucking queers.

its all down to booze. saturday just gone, at around 4am i found this dog tied up and freezing on camden st. there was a hot-dog vendor nearby so i bought the poor doggy a bit o' grub. i was waiting for your man to serve the bloke there before me. so he does, me up next, vendor asks what i want and starts to get it for me when this other prick, who came along just after me starts going nuts at me cos your man served me first. i told the cunt to fuck off that it was for a fucking dog and a cunt like him could wait.

notice so far there's no fight. both of us fairly locked. both in our 30's, prolly nice enough lads during the day. however, as soon as he gets over to his few mates he starts roaring over at me, some shite. so i did me drunken "wha'? you fucking prick..." etc. then i got tired of this, walked over with me one mate and asked him what the fuck was his cunting problem. he backs off cos his mates weren't into scrapping and starts apologizing etc.
its all booze lads. we're all cunts for it.
i'm mad for fights, but only when i'm locked.

see how that works?
oh, and i'm from the southside, and i'm smashed broke and i went to a christian brothers school, see? i'm beyond the stereotype, DON'T FUCK WITH ME!!!!!!

I've had to skip most of these 8 pages, sorry... I've had a good skim though, but I have the politically incorrect opinion that MOST dubliners are pricks... make not I said MOST, meaning not ALL... about 13 years ago when I moved up to Dublin first, I was mugged on grafton st... well the molly malone cart, I was sitting there with a girl i was seeing at the time (from kerry fact fans) when we were surrounded by a croud of scangers, my face was kicked in and we was robbed, I still have the broken teeth from the ordeal... while this was happening, other people were walking past as if nothing was happening... i was looking at these other pricks walking past hateing them for not helping out... i tell yeh... that wouldent happen in cork...

now...

Ian said:
I've had to skip most of these 8 pages, sorry... I've had a good skim though, but I have the politically incorrect opinion that MOST dubliners are pricks... make not I said MOST, meaning not ALL... about 13 years ago when I moved up to Dublin first, I was mugged on grafton st... well the molly malone cart, I was sitting there with a girl i was seeing at the time (from kerry fact fans) when we were surrounded by a croud of scangers, my face was kicked in and we was robbed, I still have the broken teeth from the ordeal... while this was happening, other people were walking past as if nothing was happening... i was looking at these other pricks walking past hateing them for not helping out... i tell yeh... that wouldent happen in cork...

now...

it fucking would now, trotters. them boggers just needed time to catch up on us sophisticated city types.

the bearded lady said:
it fucking would now, trotters. them boggers just needed time to catch up on us sophisticated city types.

Yeah, nearly happened to me. I was running down by the quays in Cork about six years ago, and two guys (not of the rugby school extraction) shoved me into a wall. I turned around and told them to fuck themselves, and they proceeded to chase me at top speed. One of them managed to catch up while I was on the footbridge by Grand Parade, and tried to shove me off it, going, 'You're going into the river, you fucking bitch.' Luckily, he found he couldn't shove me hard enough and still keep running, and he didn't have any stamina, either. I managed to outrun him, caught up to some rather large looking fellows and asked if they'd pretend they knew me (which also could have turned out badly). The dickheads were still chasing me, but one of the guys I latched onto ran towards him shouting and the kid ran away.

So yeah, it does happen in Cork.

I think that while we can't make wholesale judgements about people's actions based on class or social background, they play a role in both people's behaviour and the public perception of it. It's not because they were rich that they did what they did. And even to suggest that their privileged backgrounds played a role in any of it does not suggest that all 'rich kids' are the same. Their backgrounds are relevant, but people's attitudes and the way they interact with others is not just economics and can't explain anything on its own. Even two people in the same household can have completely different ways of dealing with the world.

jane said:
Yeah, nearly happened to me. I was running down by the quays in Cork about six years ago, and two guys (not of the rugby school extraction) shoved me into a wall. I turned around and told them to fuck themselves, and they proceeded to chase me at top speed. One of them managed to catch up while I was on the footbridge by Grand Parade, and tried to shove me off it, going, 'You're going into the river, you fucking bitch.' Luckily, he found he couldn't shove me hard enough and still keep running, and he didn't have any stamina, either. I managed to outrun him, caught up to some rather large looking fellows and asked if they'd pretend they knew me (which also could have turned out badly). The dickheads were still chasing me, but one of the guys I latched onto ran towards him shouting and the kid ran away.

So yeah, it does happen in Cork.

I think that while we can't make wholesale judgements about people's actions based on class or social background, they play a role in both people's behaviour and the public perception of it. It's not because they were rich that they did what they did. And even to suggest that their privileged backgrounds played a role in any of it does not suggest that all 'rich kids' are the same. Their backgrounds are relevant, but people's attitudes and the way they interact with others is not just economics and can't explain anything on its own. Even two people in the same household can have completely different ways of dealing with the world.

where was batman while all this was going on? you just cant trust superheroes the way you used to.

Jimmy Magee said:
Hmm.

Well, maybe equally wrong, but more understandable or something.
I get where you're coming from, but that can be tinged with a dangerous idea of the 'poor' practically being expected to tear each other to bits, and that money should make you not want to kill people. It's not true. (I've buckets of the stuff and I want everyone dead.)

There tends to be an attitude that the lower classes are more prone to fighting or to conflict in general, when I'm not entirely sure that's true. Maybe conflict is expressed physically less often in some circles; maybe it's just covered up better. If there are trends there, they aren't just economic.

There is a certain type of 'jock' who does have a sense of entitlement, just like there's a certain type of lower class person who has a bone to pick with everyone. Both of them might get into the same number of fights, but neither can be explained solely by class.

And about this nerds versus jocks thing: when the fuck do we win, ok?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back