even i don't find this funny..... (1 Viewer)

hag said:
ah here, it was just a common 'feeling' coming of many people's posts, i wasn't singling anyone out. does anyone actually know the sequence in which things happened in this fight? maybe the guy was asking for a hiding... maybe he got one... maybe it went too far.. as egg said, it's much easier to kill someone than most people imagine.

..a friend of a friend was there that night.knows the guy that got murdered.Apparently he was a rowdy kinda guy and started the fight in the first place,this was not unusual apparently either.Not saying he deserved it but you know live by the sword...

As regards the exhaustive (and in fairness, fairly responsible) Irish Times press coverage, I suppose it's only natural that given that South Dublin is kind of like the Times' spiritual homeland that the IT were going to go all out on it.

Ditto with the (shock, horror) revelation last year that students in UCD were joining Sinn Fein in droves - this obviously merited a full page investigation.

It's not a case of rich v poor, its JOCKS v NERDS. And worry not nerds of thumped, if the series of nerds films has taught us anything, its that the nerds win in the end. You'll be alright.

see latex's post... you know things can just go too far sometimes pants... you honestly believe those guys meant to kill him? seriously?
Pantone247 said:
and what, prey tell, does have one do to "ask" for six big rugby players to kick them to pieces?

Robbie Analog said:
It's not a case of rich v poor, its JOCKS v NERDS. And worry not nerds of thumped, if the series of nerds films has taught us anything, its that the nerds win in the end. You'll be alright.

...maybe the whole jock community might learn a lesson from this for a while at least..when they are on their fifth alcopop and are dying for a ruck maybe they will think of the four guys and the shite they have had to go through and the guy that died and think twice.maybe not.

ha ha ha, jocks drinking alco-pops, that's pretty funny... i've found they have more of a tencdency to drink 'hiney' with tequilla chasers.
Latex lizzie said:
...maybe the whole jock community might learn a lesson from this for a while at least..when they are on their fifth alcopop and are dying for a ruck maybe they will think of the four guys and the shite they have had to go through and the guy that died and think twice.maybe not.

for fuck sake, do you really think that's what i'm saying? you've changed man.
Pantone247 said:
no not at all

but if he had lived that wouldn't make six rugby players kicking him to bits okay

they should rot in jail
they killed him
whether they mean it or not
manslaughter - life
it would be different if he fell on his head aFTER GETTIN A DIG
THEY STOMPED ON HIS FUCKING HEAD

spady said:
I remember one of the 'goys' telling me that before he went out to play a game the coach was telling them - "treat them like the fuckin' knackers they are... imagine you're in an ally with these scumbags... kick the shit out of them".

p-p-p-proinsias made this point last night - that in several schools where sport (not just rugby) is important this agression is bred into the kids. i seen it in my own school in marino where hurling was the main sport. a year or so after leaving school one of the guys that had been on the hurling and gaa teams kicked some guy unconcious and he then choked to death while he lay on the pavement.

can someone who knows about law or doesnt get annoyed and stop reading after they read the headline (and maybe whose not biased against rugger buggers)
tell me this

how can you be done for violent conduct and not manslaughter here?

thegoone said:
a no. of guys seen stomping on his head etc.
3 are deemed to be behaving violently
one is charged with manslaughter
wtf?

I was on an assault case as a juror recently ..the way it goes is quite detailed..all the witnesses give evidence as to who actually did the kicking and to what body parts..the lawyers press people to get an answer..if none is forth comming then the procescution falls down..in this case they hasd reliable witness testimony to say that the guy who went down delt the fatal blow/s.

oh sorry, i just read your signature "not cranky... just under loved..." :)

all i'm saying... there's people going "oh, fuck them, they're rich, they should rot in hell" - i think that's a load of bollox. i think there's a strong possibility they really didn't mean to kill him... of course they should be punished for what they did and no matter what punishment they're given, it will hopefully not count for shit against the shame they'll feel for the rest of their lives about this whole thing.

but, i do think fucking them in the joy for 20 years, as most people are calling for, is the wrong thing to do. i really really doubt they intended to kill the guy. apparently, he started the argument. there was drink taken. maybe he kicked one of the other guys first. it's really easy to kill someone. this could have happened to guys from the other side of town too... you know what i'm getting at. (i hope).

Pantone247 said:
if you say so haggy

sounds like bollox to me
people saw 4 or more kickin the guy on the ground

what were these other 2 guys that werent done for manslaughter doin

this case annoys the fuck out of me
whats even more annoying is loads of witnesses said the dead idiot started it all
what a dick

look i think mickey hearte can solve this better than anyone its getting repetative now...

Spare a thought then take time to
Think about it, me and you
Sometimes Right, Sometimes Wrong

It's better than it's ever been
All the things, I've never seen
Sometimes right, sometimes wrong

What's a man
Supposed to do
When he finds
Someone like you
I give my heart
You know it's true
What's a man supposed to do

Friends might say, I'm compromised
But I guess they'll never realise
Until they've found a love like you
Then they'll understand, what a man's supposed to do

Though there were times
We thought we wouldn't make it
Oh darling
Something got me, something got me through
You're the one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back