Euro load bollix (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter 1984
  • Start date
  • Replies 98
  • Views 7K
  • Watchers 0
kirstie (03 Jan, 2002 12:57 p.m.):
Nah, they have gone up. I'm sure they're dressing up the charge in some self justifiable nonsense but basically I got a taxi to the airport yesterday with the Boy and it usually costs a tenner - it had gone up to 11 punts, 13.97 euro. So there's an increase alright.

Airport taxi fares are never the same twice though - remember the thing the evening herald did last year, getting three taxi's at the same time from the airport to the Merrion Hotel?

Even though all Taximeters are supposed to work the same way, the three charged totally different prices. One of them had the neck to charge £25, almost twice what the other two charged - and he was the one who got there quickest.....

Taxi drivers... don't get me started on fucking taxi drivers...

They've gone up since the 1st.

It makes me hate them all the more.

Ulster Bank are the actual worst bank in the whole entire world. My cat could run a better financial instution.

dudley (03 Jan, 2002 01:04 p.m.):
thats what i said

they are *about* to go up, with their new rise. their last rise was on december 1st

Funny that, cos the taxi union man on Morning Ireland said that they hadn't put their prices up in 4 years..

On a similar note, there's a thing in the Irish Times today from the Vintners Federation, saying that no Irish pubs were refusing to take punts. Funny that, seeing as how Foleys on Merrion Row has a NOTE: in the window saying they'll only accept Euro's...

Ok - living in Scumcondra I have found that it was generally round the tenner mark to the airport and vice versa, both hackneys and taxis. And that's a lot to do with the fact I'm from Dublin and know where I'm going and what I should be charged, because yep, 2 mates came over from London a while ago and were charged 16 quid for the same run, in the middle of the day. Taxi drivers are thieving scumbags when they think they can get away with it.

kirstie (03 Jan, 2002 01:09 p.m.):
Taxi drivers are thieving scumbags when they think they can get away with it.

But the thing is they do get away with it and to be honest we let them!
On Saturday morning at 7.30am I was on my way home from a grand night out and got a Taxi at trinity, he charged me (on me todd) £16 which I thought was a bit steep but then the next night from Abbey Street it was just over £9 with an extra person... where's the euro calculator when you need it!

But back to my first point... Where da fuck are me wages?!?

pete (03 Jan, 2002 01:07 p.m.):
dudley (03 Jan, 2002 01:04 p.m.):
thats what i said

they are *about* to go up, with their new rise. their last rise was on december 1st

Funny that, cos the taxi union man on Morning Ireland said that they hadn't put their prices up in 4 years..

On a similar note, there's a thing in the Irish Times today from the Vintners Federation, saying that no Irish pubs were refusing to take punts. Funny that, seeing as how Foleys on Merrion Row has a NOTE: in the window saying they'll only accept Euro's...

The Goose (Bertie's own pub) have had signs up in the jacks for the past two weeks saying that the lounge and bar would be Euro only zones from Jan 1st and that if you needed Euro you had to pop out of the pub and into the offie next door to echange your quids- how crooked is that? (The Goose own the offie most likely and would insist that it is on the premises even though you have to go out of the pub to get to it)

also I got a hackney after the new year's eve bash and he actually told me he was going to charge me time and a half!! but whaddya gonna do? it only came to a tenner from just beyond ucd into sir john rogersons quay for two or us so it weren't that bad.

while we are talking about Euro change over madness, in Easons yesterday I bought a book and 10 Johnny Blue

about £IR12.00

all is well except I wanted to pay in that 3rd currency *gasp*....... book vouchers!!!! (£IR15.00)

this caused havoc, 2 shop assitants, a calculater and all the patience I could muster were required to figure out...

£15 - £12 = £3 = around 3.75 euro

what was it about book vouchers that made this hard??

*sigh*

at one pointed she reckoned I owed HER 45 cents

!!!!!!!!

there was a report on the wireless over the holiers on how the euro would affect rural areas and they interviewed this little old shop-keeper guy asking him how it would affect him and he goes: "the euro? ah no, we're not doing that down here." the loon.

kirstie (03 Jan, 2002 12:30 p.m.):
I don't feel a bit sorry for banks or stupid people who work in them. Banks are CUNTS, pure and simple, any fucking service industry which doesn't actually provide a decent level of service shouldn't last kissing time, and doesn't in any other sector, yet strangely it's fine for the bank to take 5 days to process a cheque with the bollixey excuse that it has to go 'through the system' (oh, and not get invested on the stock market in those missing 5 days, eh Ulster Bank? I reserve most of my hate for you... grrrr), and also not bother their HOLES to open on a FUCKING SATURDAY, charge you rakes of interest on student loans and generally behave in a manner in which they seem to think they're doing you a favour.

I hate all banks with a burning, seething loathing which is increasing by the year.

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah. Don't get me fucking started:

Anthony - paying for your bus fare in coppers is a CUNTY thing to do. Consider the people waiting behind you. There are enough delays with the fucking Euro as it is.

I will NEVER understand the mentality of throwing coins in a jar and then emptying it a few months later. The amount of fuckers coming into banks in the last few days with coins is unreal. Have they nothing better to do?

- Kirstie/247: Lots of people's wages have gone "missing". The answer is simple. Dec 21 was a Friday. Since then the only "working" days have been Mon Dec 24, Fri Dec 28, Wed Jan 2 and today Jan 3. If your wages are going from one bank to another it takes two working days - yours will probably turn up tomorrow. More than likely it COULD be your employer's fault for not taking this into account and paying people that bit earlier before Christmas - i.e. changing their standing order with their bank etc.

-Dudley: Register for telephone or internet banking. It's simple. That way you can pay whatever bills you want when you want. That way you don't encounter inconsistent behaviour from the people you deal with.

I'll agree with you on this one Kirstie - a lot of people who work in banks are stupid/thick/woolly/muppets etc. The standard of new entrants is fucking woeful. But it's a bit extreme to call everyone who works in them "stupid". I'm sure you wouldn't like it if I labelled everybody employed in your sector in the same way. I'd really love to know why you are so pissed off with your bank.

So they make huge profits and people hate them for it. So do Microsoft, publicans, solicitors and accountants but they can do what they fucking like and no-one gives a shit. The bank's service can be shit a LOT of the time but on certain occasions the customer has to bear responsibility for their own actions.

And why the fuck should they open on a Saturday??? You got telephone/internet banking. Use it for fucks sake. If you want to lodge money use express lodgment box - if you want to take out money use the ATM.

I'm all ranted out. No offence.

nlgbbbblth (03 Jan, 2002 11:06 p.m.):I will NEVER understand the mentality of throwing coins in a jar and then emptying it a few months later. The amount of fuckers coming into banks in the last few days with coins is unreal. Have they nothing better to do?

It's called saving, and I've been doing it for years. As methods of saving goes, it's pretty painless. At the end of every day, any change in my pocket that wasn't a pound coin got chucked in a jar (actually, it's an old four star pizza cookie tin). Every couple of months I'd have an extra £40 or £50 saved in 50p's, 20p's, 10p's and 5p's to spend. Nice.

(I didn't bother saving 2p's and 1p's - I used them for me bus fare.)

p.s. which bank do you work for anyway? :)

nlgbbbblth (03 Jan, 2002 11:06 p.m.):
- Kirstie/247: Lots of people's wages have gone "missing". The answer is simple. Dec 21 was a Friday. Since then the only "working" days have been Mon Dec 24, Fri Dec 28, Wed Jan 2 and today Jan 3. If your wages are going from one bank to another it takes two working days - yours will probably turn up tomorrow. More than likely it COULD be your employer's fault for not taking this into account and paying people that bit earlier before Christmas - i.e. changing their standing order with their bank etc..

Were you one of the kids in school who always had his hands up in class? Let me have my whine, it's a bank for fucks sake. Don't assume every situation.

From my complaints they gave me an advance so I could pay of some drug dealer debts, you know I like my knees.

1. All the banks across Europe open were bar ours, well not if you include the Central Bank that is but they won't personally process my wages.

2. It is a standing order in the same bank.

None taken. :'(
we be chillin'

funny you should say that about the euro calculator 1984 cos my friend drunkenly whipped one out in his taxi refusing to pay more than usual there on wed. night, out of principle, what could the guy do! think about it if your sober enough to argue your case just refuse to pay more than you usually do or do a runner, most taxi drivers without knives don't bother giving chase..seemingly!!!

1984 (04 Jan, 2002 12:49 a.m.):
nlgbbbblth (03 Jan, 2002 11:06 p.m.):
- Kirstie/247: Lots of people's wages have gone "missing". The answer is simple. Dec 21 was a Friday. Since then the only "working" days have been Mon Dec 24, Fri Dec 28, Wed Jan 2 and today Jan 3. If your wages are going from one bank to another it takes two working days - yours will probably turn up tomorrow. More than likely it COULD be your employer's fault for not taking this into account and paying people that bit earlier before Christmas - i.e. changing their standing order with their bank etc..

Were you one of the kids in school who always had his hands up in class? Let me have my whine, it's a bank for fucks sake. Don't assume every situation.

From my complaints they gave me an advance so I could pay of some drug dealer debts, you know I like my knees.

1. All the banks across Europe open were bar ours, well not if you include the Central Bank that is but they won't personally process my wages.

2. It is a standing order in the same bank.

None taken. :'(
we be chillin'

yeah nlgbbbblth!!

what 1984 said!!

I agree, its NEVER taken 2 days for a direct debit to clear before. NEVER.

luckily I'd paid my dealers and shit, it's food I be needing..... ACTUALLY if my wages are not in today MY standing order to pay my rent won't go out cause theres no money in the account.

Bank of Ireland ussually charge you £5 penalty if there is no money to meet a standing order. Won't it be interesting to see if they penalise ME for thir mistake

hhhhhmmmmmmmmm

peace out

Right, it's a small plane into the IFSC then yea?

The day I can use Dublin Bus recipts as cash is the day I consider not giving them coppers.

they count on you not being arsed going in to change them into cash.
why dont they have a little box where you can put the change slips into on the buses and then they could be donated to charity or something?
oh, im so fluffy and nice today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back