• Start date
  • Replies 98
  • Views 7K
  • Watchers 0

Since 2000
Website
www.connectfour.cjb.net
Banks heh, where da fuck are me wages?

It's gas really, everywhere across europe yesterday the banks were opened but because we're alcoholic's, we had a lie in.

You couldn't spot me a tenner til me giro kicks in... lads?

pete (02 Jan, 2002 10:29 a.m.):
wasn't the central bank open yesterday morning?

so.very.very.tired.

roll on 5.30

Supposedly all these OAP's queued at midnight on new years eve because of the mad rush with the euro and all...

...saps and then they go and complain about their arthritis. Well at least the bank gave them some hot whiskey's, I'd say it was first time they've ever bought a round haha!!!

The cent reminds me of the old ha'penny, discuss?

Jeez, all quiet on the western front, huh. Guess me and Pete are the only one's back in work.

I'd like to dedicate my centinary post to my boss 'cos if it wasn't for him I wouldn't be here :'(

The subject title was supposed to be 'Euro Loada Bollix' I should really work for the Sun.

I to am in "work".

But like pete I'm really surfing the net and ringing england.

Ah the joys of employment.

i had a bus driver give me shit on new years day for trying to pay in punts!
seriously lads, don't fret about it. my mate from corks mum runs a shop, and she reckons that the euro will never catch on. how shit are the cent?

How to get rid of your old coppers?:

Buses.
Count out your exact fare at home from the regulation jar of coppers. Walk to bus stop while dragging an enormous pocket full of change. Pour the EXACT FARE into the poxy machine and just stand there untill the prick gives you your ticket.

Deadly

my wages have also 'gone missing' - and I have now not been paid since the 28th of November. I am a VERY VERY UNHAPPY girl

Anthony (03 Jan, 2002 10:47 a.m.):
How to get rid of your old coppers?:

Buses.
Count out your exact fare at home from the regulation jar of coppers. Walk to bus stop while dragging an enormous pocket full of change. Pour the EXACT FARE into the poxy machine and just stand there untill the prick gives you your ticket.

Deadly

a bus driver called me a thick cunt for doing this last week. i jammed up his stupid machine or something.
i am a thick cunt but thats not the point.

prick.

kirstie (03 Jan, 2002 11:54 a.m.):
my wages have also 'gone missing' - and I have now not been paid since the 28th of November. I am a VERY VERY UNHAPPY girl

I went into Bank of Ireland yesterday to try sort out missing wages

she siad it just took time to process, I said it doesn't ussually she said it does now, I said it doesn't ussually, she siad it does now, I said.... you get the picture

anyway after I realised this was a hopeless excerise I happened to say while leaving something like "fair enough, I suppose your very busy with the whole euro thing" in a cheery friendly manner

she said " NO!! Bank of Ireland have had NO problems with our Euro change over, NO other services were effected by our change over whic went very smoothly and...blah blah blah"

basically 5 minutes of bullshit she'd obviously had bet into her at many long boring Euro training days over the past year, all siad in a very defensive manner

"thats great, but wheres my bleedin wages!!!!!!!!!"

*sigh*

I did feel sort of sorry for her, behind me was a que of a million or so people all probably waiting to ask why the bank machine was giving them "funny money"

*SIGH*

I don't feel a bit sorry for banks or stupid people who work in them. Banks are CUNTS, pure and simple, any fucking service industry which doesn't actually provide a decent level of service shouldn't last kissing time, and doesn't in any other sector, yet strangely it's fine for the bank to take 5 days to process a cheque with the bollixey excuse that it has to go 'through the system' (oh, and not get invested on the stock market in those missing 5 days, eh Ulster Bank? I reserve most of my hate for you... grrrr), and also not bother their HOLES to open on a FUCKING SATURDAY, charge you rakes of interest on student loans and generally behave in a manner in which they seem to think they're doing you a favour.

I hate all banks with a burning, seething loathing which is increasing by the year.

On a slightly related note whilst waiting with a handful of euros to pay for our pizza yesterday, there was a delay because the till was in mid-transaction and the bloke behind the counter was on to tech support for the credit card machine.
After holding for 10 minutes:
"Yes, there's a problem with our machine"
"The error light is on..."
"Yes, it says 'Out Of Paper Error' on it"
"Ah, I see, cheerio then"

So you're not the only thick cunt, P.

since I'm in rant mode now, all bus drivers should be paid with one cent coins as a matter of course, just to annoy them because they're so singularly unhelpful and won't ever give you any help on routes which are not running out of 'dere gardage', and further more, taxi drivers who upped their prices from the 1st in order to squeeze more out of punters already confused by the Euro changeover should never be tipped again.
Unless you want to give them a tip on how to keep their ill informed mouths shut.

God, this vitriol is great, I feel fuller of new year cheer already.

a taxi driver explained me the new pricing system on news year day, and it seems the pricing has all gone down. i was very hungover at the time though so don't remember the actual explanation of the tarifs (which he showed me a print out of from the carriage office)

it was something to do with they were rounded down in lieu of a pay rise they're about to get

i forget already

oh wait, the prices were rounded down, but there was some extra charge that was being introduced

maybe

Nah, they have gone up. I'm sure they're dressing up the charge in some self justifiable nonsense but basically I got a taxi to the airport yesterday with the Boy and it usually costs a tenner - it had gone up to 11 punts, 13.97 euro. So there's an increase alright.

Dublin Taxi fares are about to increase by 16% for day fares and 26% for night fares. So don't believe any bullshit story he gave you about fares going down because of the euro.

thats what i said

they are *about* to go up, with their new rise. their last rise was on december 1st

ulster bank = pricks part 2. i just rang them to make a payment on my credit card and they wouldn't let me over the phone, even though they've done it before. cunts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back