Euro load bollix (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter 1984
  • Start date
  • Replies 98
  • Views 7K
  • Watchers 0
Anne O'Malley (04 Jan, 2002 05:25 p.m.):

But on a lighter note, what the fuckity fuck-fuck fuck is the story with those Euro coins? The way they've tried to cram as many symbols into them as they possibly can - it's absurd, the work of entire committees of mentalisers. ]

Has anyone noticed that on the 1 Euro coins Northern Europe looks like a big swingin mickey?

Look at it next time.

or is it just me?
i do tend to fantasize about big swingin mickeys quite a bit.

aaaaah, mickeys.....

pete (03 Jan, 2002 11:13 p.m.):
It's called saving, and I've been doing it for years. As methods of saving goes, it's pretty painless. At the end of every day, any change in my pocket that wasn't a pound coin got chucked in a jar (actually, it's an old four star pizza cookie tin). Every couple of months I'd have an extra £40 or £50 saved in 50p's, 20p's, 10p's and 5p's to spend. Nice.

(I didn't bother saving 2p's and 1p's - I used them for me bus fare.)

p.s. which bank do you work for anyway? :)

-Do you not find that you are constantly have to break notes and as a result spend more money??

-Ulster Bank

kirstie (03 Jan, 2002 12:38 p.m.):
since I'm in rant mode now, all bus drivers should be paid with one cent coins as a matter of course, just to annoy them because they're so singularly unhelpful and won't ever give you any help on routes which are not running out of 'dere gardage', .

The drummer in my band is a bus driver. We love to offend him all the time. hahahahaha

nlgbbbblth (04 Jan, 2002 08:24 p.m.):

-Do you not find that you are constantly have to break notes and as a result spend more money??

Nope - I'd still have me pound coins! Anyway, even if I did break more notes, it actually means that I'd save more in the long run, see?
-Ulster Bank
Knew it. :)

I was missing the bird, the fish, the stag, the bundle of nerves on the 2p ages ago. Fuck the harp, they should have kept the animals!

PLUS: this dashes all hopes held by the Put Philo On The Fiver campaign.

It's the 4th Jan. Brings a tear to me eye, a tear to me bastard eye.

ah i wasn't guessing which bank

just certain signals indicated you worked for a bank.

call it womens intuition

Wow, Pete. Cunning.
Maybe it was:
"The amount of fuckers coming into banks in the last few days with coins is unreal. Have they nothing better to do?" or "I'm sure you wouldn't like it if I labelled everybody employed in your sector in the same way" that made you twig.
Sherlock fucking Holmes.

Ah....the euro....
Makes me want to eat croissants and talk in Esperanto. It's gives a certain "Je ne sais quoi" to the whole world of financial transactions.

I wonder if you could get on the bus for free if you offer to drive?

Have you noticed the way a huge handful of euros can be worth about 80p, and yet, a small handful can be worth 12quid too?

Stupid.

And you know that you're more likely to get heads when you flip a coin with frikkin euros?

That's just bollox. Although if you keep this info to yourself you could profit from a career in street magicianship/conmanship/coinflipmanship.

anyway, just to reiterate - banks are cunts.

Why the fuck SHOULDN'T they be open on a saturday?

If I was a bank, I wouldn't open on saturdays.
I'll sleep late twice a week secure in the knowledge that YOUR money is making ME rich.

If YOU want something, YOU will come to ME when I find it most convenient.
Otherwise YOU don't get YOUR money.

It's a sound principle.

TSB open saturdays tho... or is it EBS?

Stuart Little (07 Jan, 2002 10:57 a.m.):
If I was a bank, I wouldn't open on saturdays.
I'll sleep late twice a week secure in the knowledge that YOUR money is making ME rich.

If YOU want something, YOU will come to ME when I find it most convenient.
Otherwise YOU don't get YOUR money.

that's kinda what you're actually like anyway - minus the money

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back